News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Donkey Kong Country

Started by Lord Brock, November 16, 2011, 07:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Brock

Any of you guys remember the old Donkey Kong Country game for the super nintendo?
"We'll teach 'em the art o' war, mate!"
"Aye, an' 'twill be the 'ardest lesson they ever learned!"

Taggerung The Otter

ah do  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( *turns intae a wolf a bites the screen* ah do
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Folgrimeo

Yup, even got the cheesy promo VHS tape from Nintendo. Revolutionary game only available on 16-bit, over a hundred bonus levels, music so good they were releasing it on CD... good times. And I liked the actual game, it was fun. I remember getting stuck on the third boss and had to ask my neighbor for tips. After DKC, every Nintendo kid loved Rare.

I like the second game most though. Better environments (can't forget the Barrel Bayou stage), better music, Dixie was a great addition, and the game was a bit harder. Never really got into the third game since the N64 came out and everyone was talking about Super Mario 64... and unfortunately I couldn't get into Donkey Kong 64 (especially not after seeing its similarity to Banjo-Kazooie, B-K just had more fun and lively levels). But the first two games, they remain fantastic.

Lord Brock

Quote from: Folgrimeo on November 16, 2011, 08:48:51 PM
I like the second game most though.

I have to agree with you there. Better overall game in my opinion. You didn't miss much with DKC3 though. I didn't really care for it.

I'm glad to see someone loves the games as much as I did. They were my childhood =)
"We'll teach 'em the art o' war, mate!"
"Aye, an' 'twill be the 'ardest lesson they ever learned!"

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Conrad the Painless

I've been playing DKC3 for the Gameboy.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Starla1431

MeadowR

I didn't play that, but I remember playing a DK Game Boy game which was fun. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014