News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Saxon Chronicles

Started by rachel25, October 26, 2015, 11:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Any one watching the show or read the books?

Lady Ashenwyte

Are the books by Bernard Cornwell?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Gonff the Mousethief

I actually just ordered the first book today! The series and book both look very good!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rachel25

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 27, 2015, 12:27:43 AM
Are the books by Bernard Cornwell?
Yes.
My two older brothers and dad have listened to the audio books and we're watching the series. The first episode was very good in my opinion but apparently they've cut some stuff out that was in the books.

Lady Ashenwyte

I got the first book, haven't read it yet. (Too busy, you see)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rachel25

According to me family members, it's a very good series.

MeadowR

We're recording it at the moment to watch at a more convenient time. Sooo many series to keep up with!
I've actually read at least one of these books and have read quite a few other Bernard Cornwell books and always get a good vibe from them. We shall see if this TV show is as engaging. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

rachel25

The second episode was good. The sets and costumes are very good. And I love, Brida. She's awesome!