News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Musicians

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 27, 2016, 03:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Hello, fellow musicians! What are you up to?

I was inspired to post this topic because I am going to play my first violin concerto for the solo/ensemble festival. It's nothing terribly difficult or complicated, but still, I'm proud of it; I think it's an accomplishment for all of my less than 1.5 years of violin experience. It's Seitz's Student Concerto No. 5 Op. 22. Simple as far as concertos go, but my first concerto and my first real solo piece (on violin).
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Banya

That sounds great, Wylder. When is your S&E? It's coming up pretty soon, isn't it?

Skyblade

Kudos, Wylder! That does sound great :D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

@Banya: The S&E Festival in our area is February 20th, so I still have a bit less than a month left to work on it.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Are you doing anything with music, Banya? :)

Eulaliaaa!

I'm gonna start playing viola again next year :P I stopped playing, but I want to again. I actually miss it ;D

So what kind of music do you guys enjoy playing?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

Congratulations Pockets!

I have tried a variety of musical instruments, none lasted long. (Although I do feel a certain attraction towards the violin)

I just wanted to say - Musicians, you're awesome, thank you. Without you, my happiness probably wouldn't exist. . . . So, even if you aren't directly responsible, guys, thank you! You might be one day. :)

Kitsune

I have played the piano for eleven years, and have sung... well, all my life (and yes, your voice IS an instrument), but I really started taking it seriously in the last four years. Music is a great passion of mine.

@Corn: Thank you. :) Since musicians are artists, it really helps to hear that what we do is appreciated.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, I played my solo from S&E.

Also, I auditioned for the school's elite choir. I hope I get in (and, because I happen to be a good male singer, that is highly likely)...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Hickory

I'm considering doing Telemann's concerto for my solo&ensemble so test, but still need to consider other options. What do you guys think?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

I don't know much about string concertos; I would suggest talking to your private teacher or orchestra director. There may be better options, but if you want to play this, why not go for it?

@Corny: Thanks :)

I'm continuing to learn the second movement of Jules Mouquet's La Flute de Pan. It's gorgeous! I also need to make sure I stay on top of Gabriel Faure's Fantasie.

GATXSD40-2

I play Secter basses,with Orane amps Panyay 8X10 and Darklash pedals.
Keep your head straight kid!