News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by SilentSam, June 23, 2016, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Delthion

Honestly, I am a little excited, although I don't understand much about this and realize that according to most of you this is a bad idea. I am excited to witness such an important event in history, and that's pretty much the only reason why I am excited about this. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

I understand why they don't want their country to suffer the immigrant chaos that the rest of Europe is going through; but at this point, retracting from the Union and maintaining this, British alone, stance just seems unbelievably selfish.

Even Prime Minister Cameron said he would resign because he didn't like the direction the nation was going.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

I can understand not wanting to be subject to extranational law. Heck, even national law can be a pain!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

DanielofRedwall

I'm shattered they've reached this decision. The vote was announced, and since then the economy has crumbled with the Pound Sterling reaching its lowest value in 30 years amongst other things, the Prime Minister has resigned, the Vote Leave leader has admitted to lying in his campaign on national television and Scotland has commenced making a new bid for independence- all before midday of the same day. Also, Ireland looks like it's going to be reunified and Labour have issued a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn. When Northern Ireland and Ireland want to reunite, you really know something messed up has happened. Furthermore, citizens of Germany and The Netherlands are now calling for their own referendum to leave the European Union. This could mean the collapse of the EU as we know it, which would have massive ramifications. The world is pretty messy right now, and I don't think anyone could have predicted this result.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Hickory

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 25, 2016, 05:53:25 AM
I'm shattered they've reached this decision. The vote was announced, and since then the economy has crumbled with the Pound Sterling reaching its lowest value in 30 years amongst other things, the Prime Minister has resigned, the Vote Leave leader has admitted to lying in his campaign on national television and Scotland has commenced making a new bid for independence- all before midday of the same day. Also, Ireland looks like it's going to be reunified and Labour have issued a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn. When Northern Ireland and Ireland want to reunite, you really know something messed up has happened. Furthermore, citizens of Germany and The Netherlands are now calling for their own referendum to leave the European Union. This could mean the collapse of the EU as we know it, which would have massive ramifications. The world is pretty messy right now, and I don't think anyone could have predicted this result.
I can't help noticing that this echoes one of the events leading up to nuclear war in Fallout.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

...Well, that's definitely reassuring, @Sagetip.

Quote from: Jet the binturong on June 24, 2016, 05:07:06 AM
IF I EVER MEET A BREXITER I SWEAR I'M GOING TO DECK THEM!
Aw, come on, Jet.  Violence against those who disagree with you is never the answer. ;)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I don't have a problem with Brexiters disagreeing with me; I have a problem with them dragging the UK down into the dirt. They have ruined the lives of Brits working in Europe and people with family in other countries. They have practically destroyed all hopes for anyone who was planning on studying abroad who doesn't have a lot of money. The British economy has taken a nosedive in less than twenty-four hours - the pound has never been worth less than it is now. Now Scotland and Northern Ireland are considering having referendums for independence. And all of this was based on stupid people believing the lies of racists like Nigel Farage and morons like Boris Johnson.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

Looks like you'll have to deck Rach, then, Jet ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

Only if she's old enough to vote, which she isn't. ;D

LT Sandpaw

What's the voting age in the U.K?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Lady Ashenwyte

The pound's value has dropped drastically. Who the heck saw Brexit's success ending well for Britain? The EU has given the next British Prime minister two years to repay debts to the EU and to configure trade deals with hundreds of countries and all the while people's lives are at stake. I don't think patriotism and the fact that Britain is "free" is going to fix Britain's economic problems.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

Literally no one who knew anything about the situation wanted Brexit to happen, which just makes it all the more maddening that it did.

The Skarzs

These are trying times all over the world; countries' decisions are affected the rest.
"Independency" from something that a country has been together causes disturbance on numerous levels. Raise the minimum wage and the cost of the currency drops, creating a chain effect that destroys economy. Try to take away something that has been in a country for decades and you have rebellion. . . I could go on and on.

My point is that our generation is dealing with one of the most drastic and destructive times that has occurred in the history of man, and it's not necessarily all from outside sources.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.