News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Crusader Kings II

Started by Delthion, August 18, 2016, 05:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Anyone play this? I know Ashe did at least. ;D

I am playing right now as the Basilius of the Byzantine Empire, which has expanded from the start time of 1066. I have defeated numerous invasions by the Seljuks, and I have ended four rebellions, mostly releasing the prisoners that I take. ;D Anyone have any stories about this game?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'm reinstalling this game at the moment. Any tips?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Not really. It's played pretty simply, it always is a good idea to educate your heir yourself though, and if any factions arise, either make sure that they like you enough to disband or you have enough money for mercenaries. Also, if you play as Harold of Godwin deal with the Norman army first. ;D Always make sure to fight your battles on terrain unfavorable to them or favorable to you, and avoid crossing any body of water right before a battle if possible. So I guess those are quite a few tips, so disregard the first sentence! ;D

I almost forgot, if you release the vassals that at least somewhat like you, (to find out just add thirty to their opinion of you when they're imprisoned) then your entire kingdom/empire/duchy will like you and the vassal that you released will like you to.

And another thing that just popped into my head! ;D Try to always educate your children that aren't your heirs with people that are UNDER vassals that you are trying to please, that way you can send them to another guardian without displeasing the vassal himself. I believe that that is all! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Why is it called Crusader Kings if it's not about the Crusades?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

@Delthion Thanks mate. I'm playing as an Irish king and I've almost conquered half of Ireland.

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 27, 2016, 03:44:30 PM
Why is it called Crusader Kings if it's not about the Crusades?

It starts from 867 A.D. to 1453 A.D. ( :'( )  so it does involve the Crusades.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Lady Ashenwyte

Bump.

This is my third run of the Kingdom of Mumu and its the best one so far. I've conquered half of Ireland, and by 1100 I expect to have conquered all of the Island.

Delthion