News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The Paris Attacks

Started by LT Sandpaw, November 15, 2015, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

I ran across this hopeful article; it's short and sweet, and I was moved by this Frenchman's admirable outlook and determination while dealing with his own loss.

Blaggut

Well said Matthias. However, I disagree that it is on par with 9/11. 9/11 killed thousands, this killed 130. While very tragic, it seems kinda disrespectful to the survivors and victims to say that this is on par with that.
~Just a soft space boi~

Hickory

Quote from: PoseidonPercy, lesser beings do many horrible things in the name of the gods. That does not mean we gods approve. The way our sons and daughters act in our names...well, it usually says more about them than it does about us.

Truthful Poseidon quotes, anyone?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Matthias720 on November 19, 2015, 09:39:14 PM
Let me take a moment to remind everyone the first two rules of the forum:
Quote from: The Forum Rules
1.  Respect everyone's opinion. Everyone has the right to have their opinion. If you don't agree with someone, then it's okay to say what your opinion is as long as you respect theirs.

2.  Everyone is entitled to their own belief in politics and religion, and that must be respected. But because of the volatile nature of these discussion topics, please refrain from posting topics about controversial subjects (ie: politics, religion, etc..). These subjects are not banned in general conversations, however, they will be heavily moderated to ensure that they do not get out of hand. The forum staff reserves the right to judge to determine whether a topic or discussion falls under this rule.

I don't want to see any more bashing of what other members believe, in this topic. What happened in Paris is a tragedy, on par with 9/11 in the USA, and by arguing with one another, you dishonor those who've passed. Yes, express your sorrow. Yes, express your shock and disbelief. But under no circumstance should you condemn another individual for the way they choose to live their life; especially if you have not experienced those choices yourself.

If this bickering continues from ANYONE, not only will this topic be closed, but I WILL ensure consequences are handed out. This was a terrible event, so you better start treating it like one.

Got that, staff members? If you see anything here, handle it.
Sorry.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Wylder Treejumper

I'm sure that all of us, no matter our religion or political views, may stand with the people who have been so dramatically affected. It is a tragedy. They deserve our sympathy and prayers.

Let us forget our respective quarrels and pay our respects to the dead.

More importantly, to quote Abraham Lincoln, "It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain". We should learn a lesson. There will always be those who fight against freedom, without regard for the sanctity of life. Let us decide to defend human freedom, human rights, for all- to violence if need be. It is worth it. Indeed, it is our human obligation.

I am not a Parisian. To say I am would be a lie. But I am a man-- and I consider that greater.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.