Redwall third season- why is it so expensive!?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, July 01, 2012, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Its been my dream to buy the third season in the Redwall TV series. But when I looked to see how much it was on Amazon.com, it turned out to be a $170! Dos anybody know why it is sooooo expensive? And, if possable, is there anywhere were its ALOT cheaper?

Life is too short to rush through it.

WildDoogyPlumm

Not sure, but maybe it's because it's not on TV anymore and so it's rarer. 
If you haven't watched the third season ever, the whole thing is on YouTube.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Flandor

It's out of print.  The first season isn't, but I believe the second and third are, hence the insane price.  My local library system had a copy though, you could try borrowing from your librsry.  Also, Netflix might have it.  And YouTube has all the episodes.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

If you want a copy of season 3 I would suggest watching ebay.  Every now and then there isn't a "buy it now" auction and you can snag it for less than $50.  This is exactly how I got my copy...paid $30 for it, and it was well out of print by then.  Keep watching....patience is the key.  Even better is if a new distributor picks up both the second and third seasons. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 01, 2012, 11:18:09 AM
Not sure, but maybe it's because it's not on TV anymore and so it's rarer. 
If you haven't watched the third season ever, the whole thing is on YouTube.
I have seen it on YouTube. And I think that its the best movie ever, which makes me VERY desperate to buy it!!!
Oh, and just to say, I looked for it on Ebay, but it wasn't for sale at the moment.
Which means it might not be available for a while (and, considering that its the Redwall third season, well, I can't just wait that long!)!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Flandor

That's pretty much the only place you will find it any cheaper.  It's a rare set. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

Again....patience is the key. ;)  I know its hard to do, but I can't offer much else.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

W0NWILL

Lutra

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 02, 2012, 06:16:48 AM
It's on Netflix, that's how I saw it.

Right he's talking about owning the third season, not just watching it.  He's already watched it on youtube.  I've seen it on Netflix in the past too...actually if more would watch it through Netflix instead of youtube, it would tell distributors that there is a market to create new DVDs for sale. :)  The only reason the youtube videos are still there is because the distributor of the seasons (whoever it may be now) has not requested them removed.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I want the third season, it's my all time favorite season of the Redwall series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers