Things You Wish Wouldve Appeared in Other Books

Started by Flandor, August 07, 2012, 03:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flandor

There's a lot of things I loved in the Redwall books, but was sad to see that they only appeared in one book and then were forgotten in subsequent novels.  I always enjoyed when characters were given two books to tell their story, as in Redwall-Mattimeo-Pearls of Lutra-etc, and Mariel of Redwall-The Bellmaker, and the Martin trilogy. 

Here you can talk about things you would've liked to see more of, whether it's characters, concepts, or even just things you would've liked to see mentioned as a part of Redwall's history.

I would've liked to read more about the Salamandastron-era characters.  I enjoyed that book immensely and would've liked to read about Urthwyte as a Badger Lord and see what happened to Thrugg, Dumble, Samkim, Arula, and the others.  I thought the Dryditch fever was a really interesting change up on the "villain comes to Redwall while the heroes are away" trope, and it would've been interested to read more about its aftermath at the Abbey.

I also would've liked to see DAB appear in multiple books, and maybe mention of the Snow Badger story as seen in the Redwall Winter's Tale picture book.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I would have liked to see what happened to Grath and Inbar after Pearls of Lutra. Whether they started a family, to continue Grath's clan.

Also, I would have liked to see a story of how Bragoon and Saro met, and some of their younger years together.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

I would have liked to read like the beginning of Mossflower. And the stories of the badger lords before Brocktree, especially Stonepaw.

Flandor

I agree with Redwallfan7 about Brag and Saro's story; that would've been cool.

Also, to see Bella's mate lead the rebels against Verdauga would've been an exciting, but tragic story.  I would have really enjoyed reading that.  Maybe it would make a good fanfic...
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Ooh! I'd like to see Flinky and CrinkTail's story!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

I agree about wanting to read about Bragoon and Saro's younger days. I'd also have liked to see more of what happened in Mossflower before the book Mossflower... not Martin's story, but the story of the CORIM and the early days of Verdauga's rule.

Flandor

So Bragoon and Saro's youth and the story of Mossflower before Martin came seem to be the most popular choices :)

Redwallfan7: I wanted to know what happened to Flinky :( I was so disappointed we never found out.

Redwallfan7

I have a question, do you think Flinky and CrinkTail had a romantic relationship, a friend relationship, or a brother and sister relationship? I think a combination of the first two.

W0NWILL

WildDoogyPlumm

There are a bunch of things that play a pivotal role in one book and never reappear.  For example, I would have liked to see the echo cave from Mossflower, the drum from Rakkety Tam, the jewels from Doomwyte, etc.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ciaran Galedeep

Lord Rawnblade, Boar the Fighter, Brogalow... what happened to them outside of the books?!!!