News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Self-made Movies!

Started by Redwaller, September 17, 2013, 11:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Do any of you make movies?

I'm currently in the planning stages of a movie set in medieval times. I might post it up once it's done.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

I've tried making some before...but hardly ever finsh them.  :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Redwaller

I'm planning on making a documentary on insects.  ;D

Dawnwing

The only little movies I've made were ones for class.  In particular, two stand out to me:

- For one, we had to make an anti-drinking-and-driving video.  The story of my group's video was that some people were at a party and two of them drank and left, and then hit the car of one of the others who hadn't been drinking.  I'm not very good at being on camera (though I was for part of it), but I think I made a pretty good director/cameraperson.  The most effective part of it was our simulation of the crash - we're in a rural area, so we took two cars and drove them (at slow speed) in the same lane toward each other, and I filmed from the backseat. Then (this was with a video tape so we couldn't do nice computer editing) for the next clip we covered the lens, got a ice cream pail full of nails and bolts and some metal cookie sheets, and filmed the blackness as we dropped the pail and clanged the cookie sheets together.  In the end, it looked like two cars driving straight at each other, then a cut to black and a realistic sound of a wreck.  Our video was considered the best one and everyone was asking us how we did that.  

- For another, we had to create a commercial to advertise a fictional product.  The product my group had come up with was a candy bar that makes you fly.  So for part of it, to "demonstrate" the product, I had a friend lay on a piano bench on her stomach with a fan blowing in her face and move her arms and legs and wave at the camera, and I also took a clip of just the camera scanning across the sky.  I broke each video frame by frame, and for each frame, I erased the background around my friend, leaving just her, and put her on a frame of the sky.  It took nearly 100 frames and lots of hours, but in the end I had a good 10-second clip of her soaring across the sky and waving at the camera.  It was fun.  :D

Redwaller

Shadowed One

I have made several! I can't post them on here, as they are mostly of my family and friends, but here is a list of them:

-Playmobil War
A stop action film about some Playmobil armies fighting.

-Kid Wars
In this I made all six Star Wars movies, just with kids!

-Soldiers
A silly movie in which two army officers play pranks on their captain.

-A Pirate's Tale
A story about some sailors that become pirates and have all kinds of adventures.

-The Flying Dutchman: The Kingdom
My most recent movie, in which Sam Campbell and his outlaws fight against the evil Lord Vulture in the years after King Arthur's death. It is the first of a series of movies about these characters.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwaller

Wow! Your movies look great!

Shadowed One

Thanks! I don't have a current website, and I can't find my old one, otherwise I would post the link here.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc