News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

original audiobook reader?

Started by mfer_redeemer, June 07, 2013, 08:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfer_redeemer

i remember, as a kid, listening to audiobooks of redwall, mossflower and (i think, not exactly sure) martin the warrior that were all read by a single person who narrated and played every character. does anyone here know what i'm talking about? what is this guy's name, and do any of you know where i could find these old versions of the audiobooks for nostalgic purposes?

Maudie

I think the narrator was BJ himself.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Kitsune

All the audio books I've heard had a cast.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

The ones that are narrated by BJ alone are the abridged version of the books. The unabridged versions have a full cast.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Yes, the abridged don't have a full cast.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 07, 2013, 05:21:00 PM
Yes, the abridged don't have a full cast.
Yes, that's why you want to get the unabridged versions of the audiobooks, with the exception of the Pearls of Lutra audio book; from what I know, only the abridged version is available for that book :( Not sure why...

mfer_redeemer

No, no, none of this is what I'm looking for. I'm aware of the Brian Jacques-read abridged versions, but I'm telling you guys there were editions of Redwall, Mossflower and --I THINK-- Martin the Warrior on cassette that were read by some other guy. They were unabridged. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and/or where I could find these versions, please let me know. Thanks.

Ungatt Trunn

All I know is this: the casting for characters was done by variouse people, with BJ doing the main narrator line (with the exeption of the Salamandastron audio book. For some reason, BJ didn't have any role at all in it.).

Lily

I just did some research on the Redwall Wiki, and I think you might be looking for this. 9 audio cassettes narrated by Ron Keith. That's only Redwall, but if you check out the wiki page you may be able to find more.

Dawnwing

I've listened to an unabridged Mossflower with only one reader on cassette.  I know my library still has it; I could check next time I go.  Might not be for a couple weeks, but I'll post if/when I find it.

EDIT: The library had put it out of circulation shortly afterward, by the next time I was able to go.