News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Sad songs

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 18, 2012, 07:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

What are some sad songs that you know? Here are some that I know. If you cry, don't blame me.

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

I know stacks... Pretty much any song by the following: Joy Division, Radiohead, The Smiths, Bright Eyes.

Here's one example:

But that isn't the most depressing song I know.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Oh, oh, here's another one:

I don't know any sad songs with singing in them.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

If I die young-The band perry

what hurts the most-Rascal Flatts
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Haha, spot on about Joy Division and the Smiths, Daniel.  Btw Mad World is one of my partner's very favorite songs.

This song has been done a great many times by different bands.

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Wisteria Wild Cat

I don't know many, but here's one I thought was sad.
The song is about parents who aborted their baby, now knowing how it happened or what to do, but now they regret everything and it's just really sad.

Lucy- By Skillet
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Mad Maudie

i love this song but it is sad.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

Wake me up-Evanescence

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Into the West - The Return of the King Soundtrack

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Flandor on July 18, 2012, 12:52:57 PM
Haha, spot on about Joy Division and the Smiths, Daniel.  Btw Mad World is one of my partner's very favorite songs.
It's one of my favourites as well (the Gary Jules version, that is).

Modest Mouse are another band who do some sad stuff, here's an example, titled "The World At Large".
Received mostly negative reviews.