News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mariel (spoilers for Mariel of Redwall & The bellmaker!)

Started by Martha Braebuck, August 04, 2011, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I never had too much of an opinion on Ranguvar - she just didn't tickle me like the hares did.

But Mariel - now, because I really need to say something on topic, yo - she was a pretty kickbutt protagonist. I recall way back in the stone age when I first picked up these books she was my favorite character next to Martin. Very strong personality, formidable warrior... yes, definite fav for life. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

I like Mariel. She was cool  8). I found her a little rough, but at the same time, quite enjoyable. I liked the Bellmaker probably better then Mariel of Redwall though. Treerose I liked. That sounds mean, right. I guess at first she seems mean, but yet is funny. As the story went on, I liked her even more. She grew to be more down to earth, and in the end, was responsible.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

I agree with you. Hmm...I see you changed your profile pic, Musician.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lily

As I re-read Mariel of Redwall, I'm re-discovering my love for the character. I remember reading it for the first time as a kid and wanting to be just like Mariel. She was a little rough at the beginning, as Musician said, but she's tough and independent and all the things I wasn't at that age. She was a fighter and stood up for herself, and I like that.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I'm listening to the Triss audiobook right now. I'm on chapter five.

Redwall Musician

I think I grew to like Mariel more after she got her memory back. She didn't seem so, I don't know, rough I guess.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

I liked Mariel better in the Bellmaker than in Mariel of Redwall. I can't figure out why though
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Dotti

Treerose went through the miraculous change that occurs to all Redwall kids!  Ever noticed how the Dibbuns are incredibly mischevious and get away with murder (a time in Triss when they locked the friar out of the kitchen and made the biggest mess ever comes to mind) and the harshest punishment they ever get is being sent to bed early?  (The punishment for messing up the kitchen was being sent to bed without supper, and as one of them remarked they couldn't have eaten more if they had tried, and singing a song in the orchard the next day)  Somehow they manage to just sort of wake up one day and be the responsible polite Redwall adults they all turn into. I AM JEALOUS OF THEIR CHILDREARING ABILITIES!  If I ever have kids, I need to go raise them at Redwall. ;)
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Romsca

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000