News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Charles Dickens

Started by Redwaller, December 15, 2012, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

I'm reading the Christmas Carol by Dickens, so far, it's good!

I'll also be reading shortly: Oliver Twist, and A Tale of Two Cities.

Redwallfan7

I love A Christmas Carol! I've never read the book, but I love Disney's animated adaption of it. I also saw a Christian version if it at a church with my mom and some of her friends. (It was a play that included Christian Christmas carols.) I really enjoyed that as well. And I saw the Oliver Twist movie, but it's been a very long time. Trivia fact: Disney's Oliver and Company movie is the animal version of Oliver Twist. Just thought I'd throw that tidbit out there  :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Firehawke

My family loves Christmas Carol!
We try to read it or listen to it (Jim Dale does an awesome job reading it!) every year.  Plus we collect movies based on it (generally just ones with the traditional setting)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Leatho Shellhound

He wrote some great books.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

I personally don't like Charles Dickens' books that much...too heavy. And I hated Oliver Twist. >_<
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 25, 2012, 06:10:48 AM
I personally don't like Charles Dickens' books that much...too heavy. And I hated Oliver Twist. >_<

Well I like books that have some thing to them.....unlike lots of fluffy books today.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Slagar Mc Muffin

i like "heavy" books-but yes,the most of them are older ones,the newer books are so ,yeah,leatho was right-fluffy ;)

oh,and my whole family loves a christmas carol-its our tradition to watch it together the sunday before christmas

please feed my kitty- thank you!
A lovely message to all the haters in the world : Keep your awesomely big nose into your own buisness!  sincerely,amy ^^

Dawnwing

I've read A Christmas Carol a couple times, I like that one (and was in two plays of it actually - my 8th grade reading class did a no-props version for the middle school and I was the narrator, and once it was our high school's fall play and I was a bunch of random people and stage crew as well.)   Oliver Twist I read once but don't remember, and we read A Tale of Two Cities in one of my high school English classes but it was one of my least favorite books we've done in any class, just wasn't all that interesting to me.

Tam and Martin

I (Martin) have read The Christmas Carol and I am actually just about to start A Tale of Two Cities when our homeschool starts up again. Dickens is a great writer!!!!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000