News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Roleplay name ideas

Started by Mattio, January 17, 2013, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

Romsca

Actually I found them on Wikipedia

321tumbler

Sometimes I just think up sounds(or cities/wierd word) and tweak them to sound good. Like:
Raghild
Bejerit (Beijing)
Rimdery (Remedy)
Jokya (Tokyo)
Fughad
Lyddrin
Shanory (January)

Mattio

Icefire

What I typically do is google a Lord of the Rings name generator and use that. :D
OR if I want it to be more significant, I'll go to behindthename.com and search for the word I want in the meaning and use that. (That's how I chose my name for the current Tournament.)
There's also a "Random Renamer" on that site. I chose Dawnflower by using that. It came up with Aurora...Roxanne, I think. Aurora means Dawn. Roxanne means....rose, I think. I went with the more general flower.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

redwallgurl

I look up baby names on google and scroll through names till I find an unique one that sounds cool
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Rainshadow

I like to look up words on Google Translate.  Since I listen to music most of the time that I'm on, I'll just pick random words from the song and see what they're like in different languages.  Spera, for instance, is 'Hope' in Latin.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Icefire on March 01, 2013, 03:41:07 PM
What I typically do is google a Lord of the Rings name generator and use that. :D
OR if I want it to be more significant, I'll go to behindthename.com and search for the word I want in the meaning and use that. (That's how I chose my name for the current Tournament.)
There's also a "Random Renamer" on that site. I chose Dawnflower by using that. It came up with Aurora...Roxanne, I think. Aurora means Dawn. Roxanne means....rose, I think. I went with the more general flower.

I would think DawnRose sound cooler, Dawnflower looks like Dannflower.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 03, 2013, 10:36:00 PM
  I like to look up words on Google Translate.  Since I listen to music most of the time that I'm on, I'll just pick random words from the song and see what they're like in different languages.  Spera, for instance, is 'Hope' in Latin.
I do the same thing, but with personality traits and such of the character. "Antura" for instance (an RP character of mine) came from "antur", which means "adventure". I also come up with names by rearranging random words and following my rambling train of thought wherever it goes. Try it- you might be surprised at the results.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!