News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Discussion

Started by rakkety tam, April 05, 2012, 06:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

so i noticed at least a couple of the forum members like the movie The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy well i love it i just whatched it today and thought i would make a thread about it it is now my fav movie so if u have a Q the awnser is 42 and so discus the movie here now i have to go so so long and thx for all the fish
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

psybox

the movie is actually based off of a book, but is the answer to what is the question 42 the answer is 42 but we don't know the question.

Nightfire

I watched it once. The part with the ship transforming several times was hilarious.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Wolfstar

Happy and kind.

rakkety tam

so anyone love the intro with the dolphins i did
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

DanielofRedwall

I've read the first book in the trilogy in five parts. It was absolutely hilarious at the start, then it started getting a bit strange (still funny though!)... It's certainly an acquired taste. But I loved the start with the guy lying in front of his house, and then the decendant of Genghis Khan, and the pub and then Earth is destroyed... And I also loved the part about towels, and how important they are.
"Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Primrosewarrior

Something Horrifying

HUGE fan of the books, Douglas Adams was a brilliant writer, one of my all-time favorites. Also love his Dirk Gently books.

For anyone that saw the movie made of the Guide, I HIGHLY recommend reading the books (I'm of the opinion that the first three are the best, but the last two are worth reading--yes, this is a five book "trilogy"). Unbelievably funny stuff. Be warned though, the movie's plot was for the most part different.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Varleyfray

The books were entertaining and incredibly strange! I read them in high school and instantly became weird. ;)

The new movie is fairly alright...but you know there's also a BBC miniseries from the 80's based on the books which is much more accurate and extensive!  The original Marvin from that series made a little cameo in the new film.

DeathRage

I've only read the first book. It was probably the start of me being proffesionally weird.

"My left leg's drifting off into the sunset!"
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

W0NWILL

There's more? I must go to my library at one a.m.!

Something Horrifying

Quote from: W0NWILL on December 27, 2012, 06:00:08 AM
There's more? I must go to my library at one a.m.!
As I said before in this thread, I also recommend Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, once you finish The Guide! I still remember pulling a bit out of that book to read as an audition monologue in high school, lol. Got a call back for it, if I recall. Don't remember if I got a part that time though.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall