News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

General Ironbeak

Started by General Ironbeak, December 23, 2013, 06:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ironbeak

Back when I was in middle school, I was a bird lover, and General Ironbeak was a fictional bird who I loved dearly. Yes, I was aware he was an antagonist, but I found him magnificent.

Now I am not as much into him; I guess you could say I outgrew the series a while ago. But for the sake of the fact that I once loved Ironbeak to the heavens, I named myself after him.

Leatho Shellhound

He was a very interesting character, I wonder what would have happened if he had completely conquered the abbey and the warriors, like Matthias, came back and had to do battle.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Hmmm.....if you, as you say, "outgrew" the Redwall series, why did you make an account here?

Life is too short to rush through it.

General Ironbeak

I didn't "outgrow" it, but I did pass the target age, is what I mean. I still have a special spot for Redwall, though.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Tam and Martin

Ironbeak was a great character in my opinion. He was strong, had good rule over his birds, and was so close to conquering the Abbey. He was a minor villain but he added a lot to the story, unlike Argulor.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

321tumbler

General Ironbeak was probably one of the best birds in the Redwall series (according to my opinion and my brothers).

Gonff the Mousethief

I liked the bird that killed him ;D
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

i am that is (Matthias)

What book was Ironbeak from?

Tam and Martin

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: 321tumbler on December 27, 2013, 09:13:17 PM
General Ironbeak was probably one of the best birds in the Redwall series (according to my opinion and my brothers).

Yeah, he is one of my top fav. birds of Redwall too, but I still like Skarlath better.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 05, 2014, 01:21:15 AM
Quote from: 321tumbler on December 27, 2013, 09:13:17 PM

Yeah, he is one of my top fav. birds of Redwall too, but I still like Skarlath better.
Same for me but they are both my favorites. Skarlath is my favorite good bird but Ironbeak is my favorite villain bird.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Lutra

Ironbeak was a unique villain.  Granted he was written when the Redwall universe was just beginning, but as I remember, he didn't remind me of a villain that got stuck in the "bad guy" formula.  He actually had to scheme and think differently because he was a bird.  He couldn't walk or carry a spear, so the threats to the abbey had to be presented differently.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Lutra on February 08, 2014, 02:01:50 AM
Ironbeak was a unique villain.  Granted he was written when the Redwall universe was just beginning, but as I remember, he didn't remind me of a villain that got stuck in the "bad guy" formula.  He actually had to scheme and think differently because he was a bird.  He couldn't walk or carry a spear, so the threats to the abbey had to be presented differently.

Aye, 'e could travel up an' dovn az vell az back, forz, left, an' roight. Addz an 'ole nev depz o' field tae ze ztory!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.