News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

something of deep interest to this forum

Started by Ferrousferret, June 29, 2013, 04:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Well, we could keep asking what would Mr. Jacques think?  I believe if we really want Redwall to hit the big time, it needs a movie or something like that.  If you've happened to see anything lately coming out of studios that pass for tv animation, I don't think we are going to be happy.  Need a big budget we do for a proper media extravaganza for Redwall...fan petitions unfortunately won't get us that.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Buzz_Bumble

The recently cancelled Clone Wars was very good, although some people didn't like it because of the "puppet"-style animation. The show was purposely made that way to lok similar to the old Gerry Anderson shows (Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, etc.). We've yet to see what the now-Disney-owned animated Star Wars: Rebels series is like.

It depends on who you're aiming it at. Since they are children's books, an animation style similar to Franklin and Little Bear might work (although with an older scripting style).

Ferrousferret

The idea I had was something along the lines of Avatar. Maybe not the anime-mimic type animation, but a bizarre, but grounded, almost fairy-talish animation style. Plus, the way a new TV series would have to work is a continuous, serial type story aimed at slightly older kids, with non-pop based humor.

PS- Brian Jacques has been over this before. You can find an interview on Youtube in which he states that he doesn't care how it's done, as long as it remains true to the story & the fan base. I liked the old series, but I still have to admit it had bad writers, was aimed at too young a demographic & had some of the laziest animation I've ever seen (which, coming from some internet reviewers, is apparently a staple of Nelvana animation) I'd prefer a slightly darker tone & more care put into making things look energized & quick paced.

Ferrousferret

This is in the interest that I don't think Nelvana even has the rights any more, so it WOULD most likely be a new studio that took over.

I'm not alienating anyone, am I? I tend to do that a lot.