News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Survival Guides

Started by Redwaller, August 07, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Yesterday I got a Survival Guide showing how to prepare yourself in case of disasters, how to fix broken bones and other injuries, and lots more! It is soooo interesting! Since then I'm researching eatable plants around where I live, and other stuff of that kind!

Who else has one/is interested in that stuff?

Tam and Martin

My brother and I do that a lot. We read a lot of those type of books and then we try it out. We get survival kits, those types of books, and bandaging things for birthday's, Christmas etc.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

Cool! After reading a few pages, I realized how important it is to be prepared in case something happens.

The Shade

Yar, I don't really carry anything around with me, but I love learning whats edible, and what isn't.  I don't really know much about broken bones, and things like that. I really should, in case something like that does happen, the ammount of times I jump off many many high things. I know, sopisticated aren't I? ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Gears

Quote from: Redwaller on August 07, 2013, 02:16:15 PM
Yesterday I got a Survival Guide showing how to prepare yourself in case of disasters, how to fix broken bones and other injuries, and lots more! It is soooo interesting! Since then I'm researching eatable plants around where I live, and other stuff of that kind!

Who else has one/is interested in that stuff?
I am! I know this will most likely never happen, but I like playing mind games like "how would I cope with an apocalypse?" and etc.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah read vone vonce on 'ov tae zurvive a zombie attack, but ah dinnae zink zat vone vill be much 'elp zough. Neverzelezz, ah am interezted in ztuff like eadible plantz an' vot nae. At leazt ah ken vot frogz dae if zey ever zvallov poizon...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

W0NWILL

Tam and Martin

I don't believe the apocalypse is going to happen (atleast not the way some people think: Zombies, spiders etc.)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WoodlandWarrior

Bradford Angier's "How to Stay Alive in the Woods" is a classic and highly recommended guide.
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Redwaller

I've got the French version of Outdoor Life.

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

carry,food,water,knife,and your guitar

Maudie

Of course! Can't live with out music! ;D
I love doing outdoor survival. I sometimes think it would be kinda fun to get lost in the woods. ;)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Redwaller

Until you actually get lost and think that it sucks and want to go home.  ;)

The Shade

It depends where you are. I know what Mask means, sometimes its nice to get lost in the large woods where I live, unless you need to be somewhere on time. Then there's the dark, unfriendly kind of forest, few animals, no people.  :o
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, ah'd love tae be lozt in any kind o' forezt! Livin' by yer vitz alone! Nay noizy, poluttin' 'umanz tae muck everyzin' up! Ach, ah vant tae gae get lozt in ze voodz na'!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.