News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Redwall Throughout the Ages

Started by WoodlandWarrior, July 19, 2013, 01:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever wanted to see Redwall take place in a time or setting other than a medieval one?

Redwall Rome
4 (26.7%)
Redwall Privateers/Musketeers
5 (33.3%)
Redwall Revolution
4 (26.7%)
Redwall Old West
0 (0%)
Redwall Victoriana
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Sailears

Perfect as it is tbh, I could not imagine it any other way.

But if I have to give an answer, it would be sci-fi setting in the future too, in space. The "Sword of Martin" could be the name of a starship or something, which the main character has the privilege of commanding! ;D

The Abbey could be some sort of space station like DS9 or the Citadel from Mass Effect.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Rusvul

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on July 21, 2013, 12:35:44 PM
I know I said this in another thread; I often thought it would be great if he'd progressed the stories on as more developments were happening.

I'd like to see it develop into the 1600s and further. Clothing gets all the more interesting as these centuries progress. Georgian period style would be fun - so the characters could potentially wear wigs? :D Victorian times would work well with Redwall, as well, but the only thing is Victorian era is so overdone in a way.
Suuuure, ignore the Steampunk and hop right on to Dieselpunk. Great idea. Go tell that to the folks on the Airship Tenebris;)

MeadowR

^ I forget about the whole Steampunk thing, mainly because I don't know much about it! I do like the concept, though.

Separate from factual Victorian times, I could see how a Steampunk setting could also kind of work for Redwall.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, ah like it ze vay it iz taae; Sherlock Holmes timez vid be intereztin' taae zough.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ferrousferret

Not really... My little brother & I used to joke around about what Redwall would be like in a post-modern, urban setting.

WoodlandWarrior

Hehe yea a steampunk or cyberpunk would be pretty funny.  Martin the Warrior with a cyber eye and hand sword. :P
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~