News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by redwallgurl, October 11, 2013, 10:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Lol, whoops!  I meant to put Carol of the Kings there.  :P  Eh, close enough.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt got 'ome from ze Bagpipes concert tonight. Great muzic, great food at ze reception aftervardz, overav pretty major!

Ah've actually, at ze Highland Gamez, zeen an' 'eard Albannach, ziz MAJOR Scottish band; an' actually, zrough vone o' me Da'z friendz, got tae meet Jamesie Johnston an' vone o' ze ozer band memberz! Ach, ah cannae vait tae zee vot 'appenz at ziz year'z Highland Gamez! May'apz me parentz vill finally let me get a kilt! *Hiag ze Weasel goez dancin' off vearin' a kilt*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on October 13, 2013, 01:53:07 AM
Ooooh! What instrument do you play?
I play the violin. This is a rather small orchestra but I really like it. I might post a link to the website later.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Tam and Martin on October 13, 2013, 03:24:59 PM
I play the violin. This is a rather small orchestra but I really like it. I might post a link to the website later.

Awesome! I know many people who play it. I must say, the Bass Section has it easy in comparison to the violins, violas, and cellos.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on October 13, 2013, 06:14:54 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on October 13, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

Awesome! I know many people who play it. I must say, the Bass Section has it easy in comparison to the violins, violas, and cellos.
It does. I love playing the violin though!

Tiria Wildlough

I went to a free concert of this orchestra, which was outside in a park and was totally awesome. We got there early and we heard the instruments tuning up. ;D
And more recently, I went to Lindsey Stirling's concert. The theatre was gross and we had to stand up the whole time, but it was worth it to see Lindsey perform. She basically jumped around for at least an hour. 8)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

I've been to two.

Sara Evans - when I was in middle school. We got fairly close seating.  She was good, had some funny moments.

Love and Theft - They were playing in my hometown on my 18th birthday (this was back when they had 3 members), and it was an outside thing where you could just show up, no paying for tickets. I heard a radio station announcing something about a drawing to meet the band.  I went up and asked about it, and they said it was already done.  I said something like, "Aww, that would've been awesome, since today's my birthday," and they said, "One of our staff members never showed up, so we have an extra wristband..."   So I got to go backstage and meet them, get a picture and autographs and everything!  I ended up finding a spot to stand right in the front row during the actual concert, which resulted in pretty awesome videos - during my favorite song, which they ended with, one of the singers noticed me filming and even leaned down toward the camera.  I'm never going to forget that concert, it was one of my best birthdays ever.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 13, 2013, 11:03:58 PM
I went to a free concert of this orchestra, which was outside in a park and was totally awesome. We got there early and we heard the instruments tuning up. ;D
And more recently, I went to Lindsey Stirling's concert. The theatre was gross and we had to stand up the whole time, but it was worth it to see Lindsey perform. She basically jumped around for at least an hour. 8)
Nice  ;D

Rainshadow

Quote from: Dawnwing on October 14, 2013, 12:15:33 AM
Love and Theft - They were playing in my hometown on my 18th birthday (this was back when they had 3 members), and it was an outside thing where you could just show up, no paying for tickets. I heard a radio station announcing something about a drawing to meet the band.  I went up and asked about it, and they said it was already done.  I said something like, "Aww, that would've been awesome, since today's my birthday," and they said, "One of our staff members never showed up, so we have an extra wristband..."   So I got to go backstage and meet them, get a picture and autographs and everything!  I ended up finding a spot to stand right in the front row during the actual concert, which resulted in pretty awesome videos - during my favorite song, which they ended with, one of the singers noticed me filming and even leaned down toward the camera.  I'm never going to forget that concert, it was one of my best birthdays ever.

That would be awesome!  If only I could have that happen with an Owl City concert.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

MeadowR

I've been to some orchestral concerts in the past, and seen some bands and singers in concert since. I won't name them all now, though Elton John was one. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Norham Waterpaw

Cool!
Now that I think about it, I haven't been to any concerts, ever...

Well, now I'm going to be in one, so that'll be fun.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?