News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I love alternative rock, and pop rock. Anyone else?

Started by Redwallfan7, August 20, 2012, 08:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I love these bands:

One Republic

A Rocket to the Moon

Train

A Cursive Memory

Boys like Girls

We Are the In Crowd
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

DanielofRedwall

Well, indie is a sub-genre of Alertnative, so I guess so. Here are my favourite indie/alternative bands (in no particular order):

List
Arcade Fire
The Antlers
Fleet Foxes
Arctic Monkeys
Bon Iver
Mumford & Sons
The Strokes
Vampire Weekend
The National
Alt-J
Sufjan Stevens
The Shins
Radiohead
Johnny Flynn
The Decemberists
Arcade Fire
Ben Howard
Bright Eyes
The Middle East
Death Cab for Cutie
Sigur Rós
Youth Lagoon
Foals
Modest Mouse
Laura Marling
CHVRCHES
HAIM
Kings of Leon
Joy Division
My Bloody Valentine
Neutral Milk Hotel
Jeff Buckley
Scott Matthews
The Paper Kites
Band of Horses
Dry the River
Noah & The Whale
The Pixies
Joy Division
The Smiths
The xx
London Grammar
[close]
And more I've forgotten but will add later.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Rusvul

i like classical, and anything else i take a liking to. but, not all classical, mostly just the dude in my signature's music. he's my favorite artist.

Romsca

It looks like I just found my favorite topic :D

My favorite indie/alternative bands/people are:

Imagine Dragons
Bastille
Fleet Foxes
Florence + the Machine
OneRepublic
Lorde
Youngblood Hawke
Coldplay
twenty one pilots

General Ironbeak

Romsca

She's pretty good. I'd say my favorite by her is "Orinoco Flow"

SandyB

I chuffing love alternative rock! What bands do I like? Let's see...

Nirvana (My fav band of all time)
R.E.M.
Incubus
Foo Fighters
Bad Religion
and a bit of Radiohead
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Romsca

I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!! Sorry I just felt like I had to say that when I saw it. Just a question (not trying to spam this awesome topic or anything): do you agree that Scotland should become their own country in 2014? I do, even though I'm American

Back on topic, I guess Nirvana is considered alternative? I thought it was just rock

DanielofRedwall

Rock is a pretty broad term, it can include anything from folk rock to metal really. Nirvana (who I'm also a fan of) are probably the most famous example of grunge rock, along with bands like Soundgarden or Mudhoney. Grunge rock is a subgenre of alternative rock, so yeah, they fit.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Unimaginative

My favorite alt/indie rock groups are Imagine Dragons and Of Monsters and Men.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

SandyB

Quote from: Romsca on December 30, 2013, 03:54:44 AM
I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!! Sorry I just felt like I had to say that when I saw it. Just a question (not trying to spam this awesome topic or anything): do you agree that Scotland should become their own country in 2014? I do, even though I'm American

Back on topic, I guess Nirvana is considered alternative? I thought it was just rock

1 - Concerning Scotland's independence, it's up to the people to decide. Personally, I don't care. They've been moaning about it for decades now and yet they have chosen now to do something about it. If Scotland does become independent, they'll have to re-apply for the UN, NATO and the EU and they are NOT keeping the pound as a currency.

2 - Back on topic. Of course Nirvana are alternative. Just not in the case of "alternative" as it's known today. The reason why grunge rock existed was because that young people got tired of bands like Van Halen, Poison, Motley Crue and so on.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Dag Downyfur

Old topic, but I'm posting anyway.

I LOVE alternative rock!
My favourite bands are Bastille and Imagine Dragons, but there plenty of other artists I like!
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith