News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

is dr. who good.

Started by blindsimeonjtp, July 23, 2014, 03:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindsimeonjtp

is dr. who good whats it about ?

Gwen A. Mouse

Yes. It is good, or at least, definitely worth a try. Some people don't care, others are obsessed, and some hate it for some odd reason.

Basically, it is about a 900-something-year-old humanoid-looking alien. He is a Timelord- he can travel through time and space in his T.A.R.D.I.S. (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) which, for some reason, looks like a blue telephone booth. Occasionally he "dies" and has to take on a new body (happens at the end of every season, so the new season is always a new Doctor). He also always has a female time-traveling companion that he's met in modern-day England and asked along.

If that was confusing, you have my apologies. (I can clarify whatever, if you need me to.)  The show is a tad confusing, itself. But still very good. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, and I'm sure someone will answer.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Jetthebinturong

Yes it's amazing

Gwen, Doctors run for a few seasons before they leave (except Christopher Ecclestone and maybe some classic Doctors)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

I like it, but I'm not a huge fan. I'd recommend trying it, as it is a good sci-fi. Be aware that it can be somewhat creepy. And if you're watching the earlier episodes, don't expect good video effects.

BlueRose

DOCTOR WHO IS FREAKING AMAZING.

Watched Voyage of the Damned last night. It was the funniest episode I've seen so far. (Yes, only because my family is crazy and can somehow stick Land Before Time references in a really emotional scene.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Gwen A. Mouse

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 23, 2014, 08:25:29 AM
Gwen, Doctors run for a few seasons before they leave (except Christopher Ecclestone and maybe some classic Doctors)

Oops. I thought they only got one season... Hm. I guess I just need to watch more of it before saying silly things like that, then. (So far my viewing has been limited to whenever someone else is watching and I happen to be around. As a result, I like it, but I'm not obsessed.)
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Firehawke

Doctor Who is a great show...mix of history, fantasy, looking at the human condition.  Great way to escape.  Fan of both the classic and new stuff!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

blindsimeonjtp

Dannflor

It's GREAT don't tell Gorath
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.