News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Digital Collage Art Recruiting

Started by Unimaginative, August 02, 2014, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

Hello, everyone. I'm doing a little bit of recruiting here, for some of my projects outside of Redwall.
I do some mods for a game called Civilization V. (Mods=Modifications. I add in new playable factions, myself, though I'm working on a new unit.) Unfortunately, I can't make very good artwork for my mods. The big issue is for the Diplomacy Screen, which is where you talk to the Leaders of other factions.
All the coding I can do, but art is an issue.

What many of the modded leader screens do is mash together parts of existing leader screens, hence the "Collage" in the title. Aid would be appreciated, and should you agree I will send you a link to the download of the leader screens.

IMPORTANT: The reason for the download is that those are the right size, 1600 by 900. Backgrounds do not have to be from those, and neither do parts of the leader.
If you want to check out the mods I've done, here's a link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=529545

Here's an example of what the art would look like, made by yours truly.
Spoiler
[close]
The image is for my Akkadia mod, and It's Sargon the Great.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

UNKN0WN

Are you talking artwork of dignitaries of different countries?

Unimaginative

Yeah. Leaders of those Countries/Civilizations who really accomplished something, such as George Washington or Queen Elizabeth.

UNKN0WN

Cool. :D
Is it volunteer thing or payed commission?

Unimaginative

UNKN0WN

It seems you need an artist who can paint something like this:

Unimaginative

Not necessarily paint, and not necessarily on a background with a flag like that.

What I meant was take little bits of Firaxis' Leaderscreens, and put them together into something new.

For example. Washington's face on Mahatma Gandhi's Body with Otto Von Bismark's Hands.

Often what the makers of the mod you found a picture from (Earth 2014) actually used pictures or paintings of the real, living people.

UNKN0WN

Unimaginative

Unimaginative

Maps like this, only better than my pitiful attempt would also be appreciated.

Spoiler
[close]