News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

A Winter Wonderland.

Started by Hickory, February 23, 2015, 09:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

It's been years since the last Ice Age. The River Moss is frozen, and icebergs jostle each other out on the great seas. Woodlanders and vermin keep to themselves, populations low after the starvation brought on by the winter.

Redwall abbey is frozen solid, countless raids having depleted its food supplies. Salamandastron's deserted corridors host only the scavenging birds. Even they fight for food.

The threat of reptiles s gone, however, and vermin have refloated ships and looted the far south. Now the only warm place is the port city of Huvin, teeming with poor, rich, and middle-class merchants. But so many have entered the  city that its borders are bulging. Beasts have begun to take their chances in the wilderness.

So this is a frozen RP! The objective is to survive. If you live in Huvin, you must resort to bribery and criminal actiivty. If you take your chances in the wilderness, your main threat is the cold, and wolverine raiders. You can also work on a ship, but it has to be near the coast.

Name:
Species:
Weapons/tools:
Personality:
History:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Name: Dordran
Species: Otter
Lives in/on: The South Shores, near Huvin
Weapons/tools: A simple iron spear; a small dagger
Personality: Simple; reliable; courageous
History: Dordran has spent his entire life on the Southern Coast, and works as a fisherman, just as his father did before him.

Hickory

Okay, so you can choose to be middle wealth and sell food ony for business, or be low wealth and sell to stay alive.

Name: Nyu
Species: Badger
Lives in/on: The wastlelands slightly south of Huvin
Weapons/tools: Basic farm implements, a dirk.
Personality: Often keeps to herself, and almost never offers help or shows gratitude.
History: Leaving her native Northlands, she traveled south and earned a living in Huvin. The first time she left, Nyu almost got killed by the cold. Now, she tries again, armed and ready for whatever the wilderness throws at her!

Romsca

Name: Brooks
Species: Wildcat
Lives in/on: Huvin
Weapons/tools: Lockpick, several knives, short sword
Personality: Quiet, mysterious, not easily content
History: Grew up as a poor pickpocket, now a leader of a successful gang of thieves in the crowded city. However, he is beginning to get tired of this and wants to go exploring in the wilderness because he's heard the wolverines have treasure

Eulaliaaa!

Can I join?

Name: Stashi
Species: Artic fox, is said to have Marlfox blood in her. Silver/grey fur, yellow eyes. Very good at blending in with her surroundings. Wears a grey cloak and black tunic.
Lives in/on: Near Huvin
Weapons/tools: Two daggers strapped across her back
Personality: Keeps to herself, sly, thief, tricky, only talks truthfully to Night
History: Met Night a long time ago, they helped each other survive and became the best of friends. Parents are dead, Night is the only creature she really knows.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

Name: Night
Species: Kestrel
Lives in/on: Near Huvin
Weapons: uses talons and beak
Personality: Mysterious, shy
History: Found Stashi as a young kestrel and became the best of friends. They help each other to survive and travel together.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

Wot, wot!

:) Thanks Sage! This sounds fun!
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

I'll make the thread for it soon...

LT Sandpaw

Can I still sign up? Also you might want to add description and age to the character sheet.

Name: Fiver Val

Species: Rat

Lives in/on: On the move and goes with the wind. Presently near Huvin

Weapons/tools: A long rapier, a thin slightly curving blade with a basket hilt.

Personality: A wayward brooding creature with a disdain for anything that breathes. Constantly arguing and fighting he makes his living on finding and defeating any beast that dares challenge him in a sword duel.

History: Born during the start of the endless winter Fiver was immediately forced to struggle for survival. With no parents or livelihood he survived by working like a slave for the wealthier class, when he was still young he was beaten by a former master and left for dead. Found by a sword smith and trained in the blade Fiver vowed for vengeance against any who wronged him. Taking a sword from a slain enemy he began his search though the freezing land hunting down his past masters and slaying them one by one.   

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Hickory

Here's the character I just posted with...

Name: Muyhi
Species: Rabbit
Lives in/on:Land around Huvin
Weapons/tools: Shiavona, dirk
Personality: Laird Bosy
History: Family kiled by wolverines, out for revenge.

ShrewsForever

I'll make a character later.

Hickory

Let's get this show back on the road!