Favorite thing about reading the books

Started by Hickory, January 08, 2015, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Personally, my favorite thing is seeing all the older Abbeybeasts as babes.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

My favorite thing is just getting caught up in it. Usually, when I get caught up in a book, I can't put it down. Unless I'm caught up, I start to lose interest. Never was really like that with the Redwall series.

I'm retired from the forum

Wylder Treejumper

I enjoy the storytelling. Brian Jacques is a superb writer, I will never, no matter how hard I try or how many books I publish or how famous I become, ever be as good of a writer as he was. His stories just... glow.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Captain Tammo

I like the adventure of the story the most and feeling like I'm going on the journey with the characters. Mr. Jacques always did an awesome job with getting readers involved with the stories
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Eulaliaaa!

I just find Redwall a great series that's well written down to the last detail. I love the adventures, the riddles and songs, the fights, and those moments when you're sitting on the edge of your seat and holding your breath. Brian Jacques if definitely the Teller of Tales and the Weaver of Dreams, writing the right words when and where they are needed. I love the characters that you can't help but grow attached to. It is, without a doubt, my favorite book series.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Banya

I love how most of the books can be connected to each other through characters and events.  The character connection ended with Loamhedge, but the events in that book can be tied back to exodus of the Loamhedge mice to Mossflower in Mossflower.  I like to read the books in chronological order, from Lord Brocktree to Triss, and then I have to assume that the rest occured in the order in which they were written.  Through this, you can easily see how the world changed from the days of the great Badger Lords living in an active volcano with prophetic drawings in hidden caverns, to the days of a mostly peaceful country with bands of creatures going on campaigns and adventures.  The days of large-scale organized warfare disappears, but through the knowledge of Redwall Abbey the world overall seems more connected, as most creatures have either been to the Abbey or have heard of it.

Eulaliaaa!

I've never read the books in chronological order. I'm currently re-reading them in the order they were published, but I'll try it when I'm done. The Redwall Wiki lists the books in chronological order, if you didn't know yet.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.