News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Twilight, anyone?

Started by Cornflower MM, July 12, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Aside from its incorrect vampires, (They stray from the path of the D&D 2.5 Monster Manual) I have nothing against Twilight. I mean, it's really  not my thing. But I don't hate it.

A thing to keep in mind- Working theories (or theories close to them) can be changed fairly easily- Discover something that works better and it's your new best theory. Objectivity is key with that sort of thing. With something like a book, it is nearly impossible to change someone's subjective opinion of it- especially over the internet.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on December 25, 2014, 12:40:59 AM
Meh, the story and book seem inseparable, a much more realistic look at the problems with a human/vampire relationship would be Simon and Izzy from the Mortal Instruments, most of the romances in that series are great though.

I think I come off too harshly, I'm just as likely to pick up Twilight as I am to pick up Lola and the Boy Next Door, that is to say not at all because, once again, romance as a genre isn't my thing.

Also, I'm not bashing the Twilight fandom, I'm bashing the books/films themselves, the fandom is the group of people who are fans of the books

Okay. Let me me rephrase that. Why is it necessary to bash the books and films? Say you don't like it, then move along and get on with your life! It takes up that much less of your time.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 26, 2014, 05:31:09 PM
Aside from its incorrect vampires, (They stray from the path of the D&D 2.5 Monster Manual) I have nothing against Twilight. I mean, it's really  not my thing. But I don't hate it.

A thing to keep in mind- Working theories (or theories close to them) can be changed fairly easily- Discover something that works better and it's your new best theory. Objectivity is key with that sort of thing. With something like a book, it is nearly impossible to change someone's subjective opinion of it- especially over the internet.

You and your D&D. *Smiles and shakes head*

Okay, okay. I'll keep it in mind, I just wanted to ask why it's so necessary to bash Twilight. As I said before - Say you don't like it, then move along and get on with your life. It takes up that much less of your time.  And I really that people will take other people's opinions of something and make them their own with out even reading (in this case) the books! You give away that much more of your control. And I'm shutting up now before I sound too much like my dad's ranting! :P

Mhera

I don't like it. *moving on with life*

Cornflower MM

Thank you. See? It's easy!

Rusvul

Oh my god.

I'm an idiot.

I said 2.5. I meant 3.5. I play 3.5, not 2.5.

Though to be fair, I don't think vampires in 2.5 sparkle either... They probably just die. :P

I am ambivalent about Twilight. *Moves on with life.*

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 02, 2015, 12:35:27 AM
Oh my god.

I'm an idiot.

I said 2.5. I meant 3.5. I play 3.5, not 2.5.

Though to be fair, I don't think vampires in 2.5 sparkle either... They probably just die. :P

I am ambivalent about Twilight. *Moves on with life.*

Well, uh, that's okay.  :) And thanks.

Lady Ashenwyte

Shiny  vampires, just no,  though it's creative, why in the name of Salamandastron here?! I'm moving on, if you see me lurking about in this topic, I'm just reading what happens here. *Disappears into shadows*
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

At least you admit it was creative!

Jetthebinturong

I also admit it was creative but, in my opinion, it was the wrong kind of creative. It is my firm belief that you can't just mess around with the lore of a prominent mythical creature just to suit your purposes. I would have created a new species, Meyer should have too
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Thank you, Jet. Now, have I succeeded in trying to at least muddle through everyone's issues with Twilight?