News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Describe Billy the Cosmos Snake

Started by BlueRose, March 31, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

I love it, Ashy. :)

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 11, 2015, 03:14:39 AM
. . . I'm gonna have to take a pass on this one. . . I have no idea who Billy the Cosmos Snake is. :P

That's the point. You have to make it up.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

. . .

Slithering silently between the shining stars,
Billy the Cosmos Snake goes to work.
Longer than twenty-five Chevrolet cars,
He labors all night on maintaining the lights.

That's all I got. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

A head made of iron,
A body made of gold
A mouth devised from fire,
Two eyes borne of cold
He slithers through the cosmos bright
And bids the universe goodnight
He has no need of food nor drink
Yet every night the snake does slink
And swallow up the sun

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Brilliant, Skarzs and Izzy!

Do I detect a bit of Egyptian mythology in yours, Izzy? (Giant snake who swallows the sun?)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

That's just because you read those books by Rick Riordian. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

No, not just that. I honestly knew plenty about ancient mythologies before I was even allowed to read Riordan's stuff.

Skyblade

Very interesting thread! I like it.

His name is a juxtaposition, combining the common name "Billy" with the unusual title "Cosmos Snake". Billy is not a snake in the literal sense, but his long, serpentine body is composed of many, many asteroids, giving him such an impression. He is so large and long that if he coiled his body around the Earth he would cover it up thoroughly. His eyes are as big as continents and glimmer like miniature stars. The space rocks that comprise him are all from the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter, from where he was born. When he moves, he streaks like a shooting star, but not quite as bright and flashy. He slithers through the Milky Way, a guardian of Earth and the life on it. Without him, unbeknown to us, our planets would have been demolished by a colossal meteor in the nineteenth century. Billy sensed the coming disaster and stopped it before humans were even aware. With his great and powerful tail, Billy the Cosmos Snake whacked the meteor away as a baseball bat swings away a ball. Billy is a hero of our galaxy, but he is sadly an unsung hero. That is, until now.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

BlueRose

That's an interesting take on things! I like it!

Skyblade

Revive, this thread is really cool :)

I noticed that one of the prompts is to describe a season. Well, they are all magnificent, so why limit oneself? Here, I explain the four seasons (not the musical piece by Vivaldi) ...but everyone has heard about what they are "supposed to" be like. Summer is hot, spring is rainy, autumn is colorful, and winter is cold and snowy - or so says stereotypes. Where I live, it's quite different. I dare to show you, if you would like to read it.

SPRING: Okay, I admit it. It is rainy, and the weather does get hot, so it looks like the generalization is being followed for this season.

SUMMER: Don't go outside! Sunscreen is a necessity, because you may be burned on the spot. The sun gleams on your skin and clothes unmercifully, and when it's not smoking hot it's stormy and rainy. Leather car seats and seat belts are painful to touch. Triple digit temperatures are normal.

AUTUMN: "Autumn" is a misnomer - a more accurate term would be Summer, Part 2. Temperatures drop slightly if anything, and especially in the beginning of the season one can't distinguish if it's still summer or not because the weather ignores the fact that fall has fallen and keeps going with those hot summer temps. November is when changes start. Autumn doesn't actually exist where I live, sadly.

WINTER: Winter here is great. The worst part is, NO SNOW. I could rant about this. We get so-called "cold" temperatures (I'm sure these temps are the norm in other areas but they're considered freezing for us), but...oh well. Still, winter has a wonderfully cool temperature. Not to mention Christmas.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!