News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Painted Ones

Started by Hickory, March 09, 2015, 05:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

They say they're tree rats,but are they really?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

So I looked up the word (Tree Rat) and the first thing that came up was a picture of a squirrel, accordingly squirrels are considered tree rats however the next picture was of a back tree rat that lives here in Texas which doesn't really make sense does it, so I think Brain might have just been saying small rats that live in trees not an actual species.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Captain Tammo

What was the difference between the Flitchaye and Painted Ones?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

Flichaye are weasels that live underground The painted ones are rats that live in trees.

Starla1431

Black rats are sometimes called tree rats, I'm thinking The Painted Ones are small black rats. And I think the Flichaye are least weasels. But, that's just what I think.

Captain Tammo

I think this was explained a little bit in one of the later books. Either Doomwyte or The Sable Quean
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

In The Sable Quean it said "stunted weasels", but that doesn't give much of an indication as to what exact species they were.
As for the Painted Ones I had always assumed they were just small rats that lived in the trees.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Mask

I suspect something like this

Curse you pictures!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Must've copied the link to the image page, because that's what I got. :P Might want to revise what you copied.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Bella

Painted Ones never fight fair so they should not be treated fair.

Stonestripe

In the book I thought they mentioned that the painted ones were small uncivilized squirrels. But I could be wrong.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

LT Sandpaw

No they were rats, However In the Lng Patrol Russa says that some of them attached brush to the back of their tails to imitate squirrels though.