News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

You never know

Started by Skyblade, June 07, 2015, 10:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

I derived this idea from a question I posted on many of your ask threads. Primarily, my project was going to be based on the premise that today was my last day on the forums (it's not, this is hypothetical). Then I thought of something else.

My lovely music teacher and I were having a conversation about the future, and this was our main conclusion:

It's uncertain.

We never know what's going to happen.

Thus, I changed the theme of this project (I'm calling it a project) to If this was the last day of my life.

Because, as morbid as it sounds, it could be. We never know when our day is, or someone else's day is, so let's try to be ready.

If this was my last day on the forums, here's the message I would give to the entire forum in general, (Just to let you know, I posted this in The Cellars because I don't want people to think I'm actually leaving or something, and I think I will reach more members this way since The Cellars is very popular).

Dear people of the Redwall Forums,

I am giving you a sincere thank you. Truly, this place has been a blessing.

I kid you not when I say that being on the forums had made my life in general more fulfilling. It has improved my life because of the wonderful people who come here. I am glad I came here, too.

Thank you again. Here's a list of some nice, pithy sayings for your benefit:

- Stay strong
- Do your best
- Keep calm and battle on

The most you can do, my friends, is do your best. For more quotes, visit the Favorite Quotes thread in Cavern Hole. I highly recommend it.

And now I'm tearing up (I actually am, even though I'm not actually leaving - hopefully. You never know what will happen).

I...I really care about you all. I'm not sure why or how, but I care about you all very deeply even though you live so far away. The faces I have for you are created, but the personalities, which I know, are simply wonderful. And that truly matters! What's inside of you will always be worth more than what is outside.

I truly wish and want only the best for you all. As Mhera and Wot say....y'all are fantastic. And you really are. This is the friendliest online community I have ever seen. Way better than some other places. Please take good care of it. I know I can depend on the admins and mods to keep things under control. And the members, too, of course! You ALL contribute to the forums and you ALL deserve appreciation and recognition for all the great things you do!!

So please keep this place great.

If you wish to talk to me further, PM me as soon as you're ready but don't wait too long. Especially about Christian topics and serious life questions, I want to help you all. If there's something that's seriously bothering you, I'm here (for now).

My time has come, but I accept it. I am content. A bit scared, to be honest...but I'm okay and I will be okay. I have hope. I'll see some of you later.

If this isn't too much, remember me.

- Skyblade

Hope you all like it. This project has made me think - and that's good.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

Man Sky, with that I feel sad yet happy that it isn't real. You made everyone seem counted and appreciated. That question does make you think however.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Thank you for what you said, PoM. I truly appreciate your words.

Søren

Wow Sky, that was beautiful. I'm just as glad you're not actually leaving. ;)

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Thank you very much, Sor :)

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was trying to do good things with this project. Really.

Morgazath

Wow, Sky. That was very touching. I....didn't think someone could have such feelings towards people who they don't even know personally on the internet. (With the exception of those who do.) Although, the funny thing is.....I feel the same way.

Yes, this is my Hufflepuff coming out. If anyone mentions this again I will tear your heart out. Just kidding. Maybe. ;D There are some people on here who I'm really glad I've met. BlueRose. ::) :-[ But I really care for all of you as well.

Well done, Sky. BlueRose is the only person on here who could make me wear my heart on my sleeves. Although this might be the last time I do that. Enjoy it while you can. :D
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Skyblade

Wow! Thanks, Morg, for the touching reply :D

Cornflower MM

*Sniffs* That was. . . . Heart warming. *Hugs* Thank you, Skye. I feel the same way, like each and every member here is part of my family. *Blows nose*  You are atruly wonderful person, Skye.

Skyblade

Thank you for the reply. And you called me a wonderful person...thank you so much. Helped make my day :)

I don't know why hardly any people are responding. I really didn't mean to do anything wrong, just to clarify. That is never my intent.

Mhera

I liked it but don't know what to say :-\

Luftwaffles

Thank you so much for the touching message. You know that it made my day :)
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Thanks very much, you two :) *Hugs*

Wylder Treejumper

*sigh* This is too close to home. Seeing as I'm drafting my exit statement right now... :P

Thank you for being who you are, Sky. I'm proud to have known you.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Skyblade

Aww, Wylder! :(

Thank you so much though. I, too, am proud to have known you and will remember you. You've got a bright future, and you're going to do amazing things. Watch it happen.