Main Menu

Firetail Therapy - Pluggfiretail M.D.

Started by Kitsune, November 03, 2015, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

*Wonders why I'm hanging around in Plugg's office.*
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Kitsune

*Wonders the same* :P
Would you like to make an appointment?

Vilu Daskar

No, I just want to listen to everyone and see if you tell them weird things.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

Thank you doctor, I'll do my best.

*Gets off couch so the next patient can take my place.*

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

Alright. Pleasure working with you. :)
*Glances at clipboard, then walks out to the waiting room*
Rachel?

rachel25

*shuffles into office and leaps onto settee*
First off, you need to buy a softer seat and second I have some serious issues. I'm almost over my emotional pain and feels from Lord of the Rings but the real problem is that I keep killing and hurting my RP characters. Especially the ones from Adventure to Gadna. I've already begun plotting the death of another character but I want the readers to get emotionally attached to them first. Is that wrong? Is it wrong that I enjoy the pain of the readers? Is it wrong that I enjoy the pain of my characters and thinking up miserable back stories for them?

Kitsune

I will see what I can do about the seat. :P

As for now, no. It is not a problem. Wanting to make your readers feel something can be a good thing - but you should be mindful that you do not grow too fond of causing pain. That can lead to problems.