News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Silmarillion Discussion Thread

Started by Jukka the Sling, August 23, 2015, 01:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 09, 2016, 11:22:03 PM
Oh, wait.  You're one of those strange lifeforms known as "boys," so you'll never understand the emotional ways of fangirls. ;D
Haha! ;D

Delthion

;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course, if you had been my sisters I would have rent you asunder. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 09, 2016, 11:22:03 PM
But it's Maglor being sweet and awesome to the twins while his poor brother Maedhros stands alone in the distance because he probably feels guilty about everything.  How can that not be awesome?

Oh, wait.  You're one of those strange lifeforms known as "boys," so you'll never understand the emotional ways of fangirls. ;D

Guys invented fangirling with things like Star Wars, Star Trek and Indiana Jones.

Personally I'm a massive fanboy of Skulduggery Pleasant, Bartimaeus, Percy Jackson and The Shadowhunter Chronicles.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Delthion on January 10, 2016, 12:21:43 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol. ;D

@Jet:  Okay, maybe, but generally speaking it's girls who get really emotionally invested in fictional things. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

I would beg to differ. "Gamer" kids raging at losses is a subject which is all over YouTube.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 10, 2016, 02:24:41 AM
Quote from: Delthion on January 10, 2016, 12:21:43 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol. ;D

@Jet:  Okay, maybe, but generally speaking it's girls who get really emotionally invested in fictional things. ;D

Oh yeah right. I cried when I thought that Frodo and Sam were going to die,
Don't read if you are reading Beyond the Summerland.
and in the first book of a series when the main character died I felt very very nauseous!
[close]
Now tell me that guys don't get emotionally invested in fictional things! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

@Ash:  I was thinking more along the lines of emotionally investing in the characters of a book or movie.

@Del:  Wait, you cried?!  Softy. ;D  (That was when you were like eleven and you were reading the books, right?)

What book series was that?

And anyway, I said generally speaking. One or two exceptions don't nullify the generalization. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

It was The Binding Blade Chronicles, the book was Beyond the Summerland. And yes that was when I was eleven...I vowed to never read anymore of the Binding Blade Chronicles. And have kept that even today! So I have no idea what happens afterwards.

Jukka the Sling

Lol.

I was asking if you were eleven when you cried while reading LotR. :P

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on January 10, 2016, 05:48:50 PM
It was The Binding Blade Chronicles, the book was Beyond the Summerland. And yes that was when I was eleven...I vowed to never read anymore of the Binding Blade Chronicles. And have kept that even today! So I have no idea what happens afterwards.

Why did you do that? It seems to be a fantastic series, based on the fact that it made you show emotion. (Unless the bad writing made you cry)

@Jukka: It's still fictional and they're still emotionally invested. There are many other examples of fanboys out there, but it's early in the morning and my brain isn't functioning as well as I'd like it to.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

It upset me enough, and I liked that character enough to hold a grudge against the author! ;D