News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RPG.

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, December 14, 2016, 11:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Hey all,

I'll be running a game of Dark Heresy (Think of it as D&D but with more grim darkness.) on Discord. I have the rules that I could send people on Discord. Anybody interested?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on December 14, 2016, 11:18:13 AM
Hey all,

Thinking of DMing a game of Dark Heresy (Think of it as D&D but with more grim darkness.) on Discord. I have the rules that I could send people on Discord. Anybody interested?

Why not? You'll have to message me the rules though. And one thing, I'll be at work for the next 6 hours, so we can't start instantly. Luckily, though, we seem to both be active late afternoon/night here, probably due to very similar timezones, so that could be a plus.

Are we using core edition or second edition? I can probably find a rulebook online somewhere and have a flick through it. Pirate bay.

Lady Ashenwyte

Second edition. I'll send it to you asap. I'm waiting for at least two more people so time won't really be an issue. Should the sessions be weekly?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Groddil

Weekly sounds good. Couple hours a day, maybe from 4pm-6pm AEST? You seem to be active then. Or longer, depending on the day. I can't do wednesdays, but I can run longer sessions on weekends if I'm here (which I usually am). I'm going to read up on the source material, get a feel for it.

I'll create a Discord chat and send you the invite. You can give that to the other players.

Also, (in case you mind them discovering this forum), I was going to use this thread to store character sheets. That alright with you?

EDIT: We'll most likely use Roll20 to store character sheets, for formatting purposes.

EDIT2: Accidentally deleted my first edit, but you seem to have gotten it anyway. :p

Rusvul

I'm in! (If scheduling works, that is.) I've always wanted to be a terrifyingly sociopathic Tech-Priest! (Or, well, not always, but for a while now.) I have a little knowledge of 40k, but my expertise with Dark Heresy is strictly limited. (I pick up rulesets fast though.)

I highly recommend you run your game through Roll20. It's a free, in-browser program that lets you have a tabletop (should you choose to use it) as well as roll dice and track character sheets. Honestly I can't imagine trying to run a TTRPG online without it.

As for scheduling, though, I'm pretty busy... honestly not sure I really have time for another RPG, sad as it is. Weekends are totally blocked for me, as are most afternoons/evenings... so... Probably not worth trying to schedule around me.

Groddil

Mmm, shame, would've liked to have you :(. But weekends are my best scheduling option, followed by afternoons. Mornings are just a bad time, what with school when it starts back up again, chores, and work. Roll20 does seem like a good idea, at least just to hold character sheets. That way they actually keep their formatting.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'll be using a pre-published adventure.

Thanks for the recommendation, Rus, and I'd have liked to have you in the game. I checked Roll20 out and it seems great.

Here's a link for the lore. I recommend you check out the Imperium page first and then Inquisition and Chaos.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

The lore is also in the rulebook

Groddil

@Rusvul:

Derp, I was talking about afternoons/evenings in Australian time, which equates to around early morning? I think over there. (It's 9:17pm right now, as of the most recent edit.)