News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Stories start somewhere.

Started by The Skarzs, February 13, 2016, 03:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Hello, everybody. I had an idea a long while back that I thought would make a decent book. Some good characters, a storyline with an outcome, villains, friends, and a fantasy setting. The only thing missing what putting those first words down on paper. After further thought and development, however, as well as a little conversation with Faiyloe, I decided this story would be better suited as a comic.

I'm not curious whether or not you guys would read it (I know you too well). In fact, it may attract several people outside our little corner of the internet. What I am curious about is if anyone can help me find a way to get this idea out there. I can start the pictures well enough, but where would I be able to put them? A site dedicated to it? Currently, I'm far from prepared for that.
But that is why I am asking. Can anyone help?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

I'll just post a little advice I think will help. So, I think you should draw at least a few months' worth of comics before publishing it, and working on new ones at your own pace. Also, update regularly. You should have a notification system that reminds people via email that a new comic's come out.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

You could just make a basic sort of site on Wordpress or Weebly or something.  I think that would be more than adequate.  And they (well, Wordpress, at least) would have some sort of email notification system visitors could sign up for and be notified when a new post comes out.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

I forget which place it hosts Redwall Squirrels, but we do have an email blast option. I'd have to go back over the dashboard and whatnot, but I could make you a website for your comic easily if you want.

Jetthebinturong

Tapastic is a popular comic site. So is SmackJeeves. And there're a lot of webcomics on DeviantArt.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Groddil

Another comic site is Comicfury.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.