0 (0%)
I don't care
2 (25%)
What's the NFL?
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Søren

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on January 21, 2019, 02:39:29 PM
Predictions for this year anyone? Personally hoping for the Rams to win, because I detest the Patriots (despite family connections to Boston), but I kind of think the Pats might win this year...
Quote from: 321tumbler on January 21, 2019, 03:12:06 PM
As far as predictions, I have no clue, but I'd rather have the Rams win because I also don't like the Patriots.
Ahahah, AHAHAHA, HAHAHA
Quote from: Delthion on January 21, 2019, 03:44:13 PM
I hate the Patriots. But I feel like I'm part of the old guard and I want all this new blood to be put in its place. So I want the Patriots to win. Even as a Colts fan...what has my life come to? ;D
Oh my god you're joking me, Delthion, you're joking. After all these years. Finally.

BTW @321tumbler Yes, the no-call was egregious. Just awful. (Rams CB Roby-Coleman completely blew up a Saint's receiver, committing both pass-interference and a helmet-to-helmet hit, which if called would've placed the Saints in prime position to win the game, and inexplicably wasn't flagged)

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

There's a petition going around to have that game replayed. It might happen. If we can just get Goodell to agree to it.

There's also a petition going around to lynch me...I started it. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

How can people be so wrapped up in a game that they have no financial investment into, nor does it truly help them other than to entertain them, that they start a petition to have a game done over because a referee didn't do his job right?

Forgive me for ranting, but it blows my mind how many people are so obsessed with stuff like this because they won't do something to win for themselves, so they have to live vicariously through the success and achievement of other people. They paint their faces, they tattoo their teams names on their bodies, they take their shirts off and scream at the top of their lungs because a ball went over a line.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

I would say I have to agree, but I don't even know enough about it to agree! We usually go to a fancy restaurant and eat on the Super Bowl, b/c no one else is there!
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 24, 2019, 05:23:13 AM
How can people be so wrapped up in a game that they have no financial investment into, nor does it truly help them other than to entertain them, that they start a petition to have a game done over because a referee didn't do his job right?

Forgive me for ranting, but it blows my mind how many people are so obsessed with stuff like this because they won't do something to win for themselves, so they have to live vicariously through the success and achievement of other people. They paint their faces, they tattoo their teams names on their bodies, they take their shirts off and scream at the top of their lungs because a ball went over a line.

For the same reason people petition and raise hundreds of thousands of dollars in an attempt to remake The Last Jedi. They didn't like how it went, so they want it done again, "but better."

It should be noted, though, that something illegal like what transpired during the game (I'm assuming it's illegal; I didn't watch the game, nor do I know a great deal about the rules of American football) shouldn't be allowed to happen. Teams ought to win fairly, not by the failure to call an illegal move. I don't really care about the NFL, so I'm pretty neutral on the topic, but if something similar were to happen with, say, the robotics competition that I compete in, I'd probably be up in arms about it too. I don't know if you happen to compete in any tournaments, sports or otherwise, but I think that you are aware either way how important it is that the rules of the game are upheld so that competitors can enjoy a fair match, not one with an outcome that is decided by a no-call.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

Quote from: Hickory on January 29, 2019, 12:48:54 AM
but if something similar were to happen with, say, the robotics competition that I compete in, I'd probably be up in arms about it too.

you do robotics competitions, too??

Hickory

Quote from: The Witessss on January 29, 2019, 01:08:56 AM
you do robotics competitions, too??
Yes, my high school runs a team that competes in BEST.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

oh. we do more of lego robotics. they are pretty cool.