Main Menu

Brussels Terror Attacks

Started by Dotti Dillworthy, March 23, 2016, 01:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 23, 2016, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 23, 2016, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 23, 2016, 02:18:02 PM

ISIS is picking on nations like Belgium and France, surely the UN isn't going to stand by this. I understand the US is hesitant after the Iran and Afghanistan but surely some other nation is willing to combat this. I mean seriously ISIS can't even protect its territory from the Kurds.

I don't know if you know this but we are currently bombing "ISIS." Though when I say ISIS, I just mean Syria really because surprise, surprise, we're killing more civilians than terrorists. The more civilians we kill, the more terrorists we create, that's just how it works. Essentially by bombing Syria, we're increasing the terrorist threat.
We are, but not as much as we could Jet. Our Secretary of Defense said that we are launching maybe an average of 9 bombs a day I believe. It is difficult to fight someone when they are based around a religion, not a state or city. We hav eno idea of an exact spot they are cause they are everywhere.

You know for the first time in a while I wholeheartedly agree with you. Though the point could be argued that the US targeting systems are superb and always hit the intended target. And yes I am aware of the French and US bombardment. Russia is also taking part and kills the most civilians, but that's a discussion for another day.

So cool fact about laser guided bombs for those who don't know, there are US Special Forces on the ground pointing specifically designed lasers at ground targets. There aren't very many of them, but we do have expert soldiers on the ground combating ISIS.

Also Tam we know exactly where ISIS is because they are trying to create their own country. They are attempting to build an economy, and push out anyone who disagrees with their radical ideas. The issue as you mentioned is that they mix with the general population, the ones who just want to live and let live.

We recently blew up a bank where ISIS was holding a big portion of its economy, billions of dollars, and when the bank blew up apparently all those billions of dollar bills landed all over the city and civilians were running around grabbing it and praising Allah.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

That last part is kind of funny actually.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 23, 2016, 09:58:34 PM
My point is that bombing them doesn't work, and actually increases their numbers. You need troops on the ground to be of any use.
I agree. Bombs for places where we know for sure that they are at and, as much as we can, only them.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Hickory

@Sand: Regarding laser-guided bombs. Last time I checked they need a proper line of sight view at the target (and a clear sky as well, seeing that clouds can easily disrupt such a targeting system) so it would seem that they're falling out of favor. As far as I know ISIS isn't exactly being overt so you'd have to locate positions of importance for an effective bombing raid. That being said there isn't exactly a better alternative to laser-guided bombs so we'll just have to make do.

(Although if we do manage to pinpoints different locations of ISIS interest we could use heat-seekers instead. It's not like ground bases can deploy chaff to any great use)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

Words can't describe something like this. At least there are people like us who are cognizant of the situation and how awful it is.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!