News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Witessss on February 22, 2019, 11:16:00 PM
i have a lot of home school friends and they are mostly pretty social and nice, though most of them have a crazy amount of siblings (ie 11).

Quote from: The Witessss on February 22, 2019, 11:20:33 PM
my point being that people home schooled seem often less social.

. . . . Is it the one, or the other?

The Witessss

those who are home schooled often do seem less social compared to non home schoolers, but i have a few friends that are social, but comparatively not as social. 
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Cornflower MM

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

From my point of view, I don't talk to kids my own age a lot because (to be blunt) the bit of what they're saying that I understand, I find stupid. Either that or they're discussing their homework. So I just don't talk to kids my own age as much. That doesn't mean I can't, just that I won't. Same with other homeschoolers I've talked to.

Matthias720

This seems like an apples and oranges comparison. Behavior doesn't necessarily corelate with ability. Someone can choose to be less social while functionally being just as capable as anyone else. As both a former homeschooler and an only child, I tended to prefer time spent alone or in meaningful conversation. I was bored listening to people talk about media I didn't consume or sports I didn't play. It wasn't that I couldn't interact, but that I preferred interactions that were relevant to me. I'm guessing a good number of other homeschoolers were/are the same way.

The Skarzs

I think there is a homeschool discussion topic in Cavern Hole, if you guys are interested! You'll find some other views there as well.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

i think i am addicted to arguing. that is why i think that even if my case isn't good i can still end up being at least a semi-well-off lawyer. Everything i do flourishes into an argument or a debate. (by my own doing) i should tell my Debate Teacher. that would be interesting. ;)

Maudie

Fun fact: I actually lost all interest in socializing when I switched from homeschool to public school. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Chipster of Noonvale

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Witessss

meh.. i think i would too if i went to public school.  :P

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Frankly throughoot 'igh zchool mozt o' ze converzationz from ozer ztudents (ozer zan me tva und zen later zree friendz vho vere only vonez Ah really talked tae) zat Ah vid overhear were juzt plain ztupid, innapropriate, annoyin', petty, or av o' ze above. Zittin' viz ze duzt und etc. in ze zpace under ze ztage durin' teatre clazz vaz much more enjoyable. Nae tae mention more intelligent company...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Skarzs

That's not exactly socializing. :P If you don't like those conversations, start your own.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tiz pazt 'iztory. Anyvay, zey vid 'ave juzt diverged back tae zoze...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.