News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Remake the cartoon yes or no

Started by sunflashtheace, March 02, 2018, 03:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should they try to remake the cartoon?

yes
9 (60%)
NO WAY
4 (26.7%)
I dont care
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

sunflashtheace

Well whats your opinion, Moderators if u want to lock this feel free.
Please feel free to reply!

SoranMBane

I doubt it would ever happen, but I would totally be up for seeing the animated series given another pass, because there is a lot about the old series that could stand to be improved upon. While a lot of of the story changes they made were good ones, there were others that were pretty weird or just plain made no sense. On top of that, some of the lengths they went to in toning down the violence ended up actively hurting the narrative, and there were a lot of spots of stilted and sloppy animation. So a newer adaptation to fix those flaws would be an absolute dream.

The Skarzs

Basically, everything Soran said.
I was thinking about this earlier, actually. It would be cool to have done, a little more accurately to the books and with better animation, but it would be tough to get a company to do so especially when a series has already been done.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I think the series was done poorly but I voted no to a remake because I personally want Redwall left alone.

The Skarzs

It is definitely a source of nostalgia for me.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Chipster of Noonvale

I wouldn't be interested in a remake.  I would rather have a sequel or something, that would focus on other books of the series that were not previously adapted.  But that would probably be very unlikely.

The Skarzs

I would like to see Mossflower done. It seems like it could be a stand alone thing, not necessarily requiring previous knowledge on the series, as well as having enough fighting to keep even older audiences interested.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

sunflashtheace

either way its tsill one big awesome thing REDWALL

Nadaz, voice of the host

I would not watch a remake but I would love to see a Lord Brocktree show that would never happen but here's to hoping. :)
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

MeadowR

Only if they were actually going to do a much better job of it and stay truer to the source material! However, I'm not sure a company working today would do it the way I'd prefer it to be done.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Refleckshun

I'd like it to happen. I actually really like the character designs and would want those to stay, but the animation and treatment of violence (and some of the voice acting) needs a revamp in my opinion.

The only company I could see doing something like that would be Netflix or something similar. But outside of Soma Games, it doesn't seem like anyone is really interested in doing anything with the Redwall IP anymore. :/
Laugh hard, run fast, be kind

Frank Clydth

If the cartoon were to be remaked, then i hope that they will incorporate the book 'Mossflower' into the cartoon.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa

The Grey Coincidence

Come to think of it...
A series on Outcast of Redwall would be something I'd watch just for the perspective on Veil. who should have been the main character of the book NAMED AFTER HIM
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Lutra

I'm afraid if someone were to try and remake Redwall these days, it might be designed along the lines of Paw Patrol or something CG like that because that's what cheap TV cg looks like.  That would totally destroy any of the dark moments the stories may have.

At this point, we got what we got.  Brian Jacques seemed pleased with the results.  That right there is good enough for me. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra