News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Corn blinked at Jukka's fist pump - She wouldn't have pegged her as someone who fist pumped the air. Not that she really knew Jukka or how she acted in real life, but that just went to show why you shouldn't assume things about people. She shrugged and grabbed a final roll off the table to nibble on as they explored, and started to wander after Skarzs and Jukka.

The Skarzs

OOC: Skipping to the morning. This is after breakfast, so we don't have a regurgitation of the previous part with dinner.

BIC: Skarzs stood in front of the tapestry with Martin the Warrior, who stared back at him with his intense dark eyes, inanimate though they were. He had never even seen a tapestry in real life, so it fascinated him even more. The night before they had not gotten a look at it except for with candlelight, which did not do it justice. Now, with the morning sun shining down from the high windows, they could see it in its entirety, with all its details standing out at them, begging to be noticed.
  He lifted up his eyes to look at the sword: The sword that he had read about, fantasized using, imagined in the hands of a great warrior, the weapon older than the abbey walls themselves, the one he even tried to replicate.
  He hadn't done it justice.
  Still, he wished it could have been bigger (or that he had been smaller) so that he could handle it and feel it. . . As well as know what it would really have to be like the next time he tried to make one.
  "Awesome," he said.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann had sat himself near the doorway between Great Hall and Cavern Hole, allowing him to look into both, easily keeping an eye on his compatriots whilst performing his most practiced skill, lurking. Skarz managed to catch his eye, looking over the gorgeous tapestry and, almost certainly of more importance to him, the sword. The squirrel had taken his time looking them over the previous night after the others had gone to sleep, so he'd had his fill of the art at the current moment.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn wandered into Cavern Hole with a pawful of assorted berries, having come inside from the Orchard. She'd really loved seeing the Orchard and the Pond yesterday, and had slipped away after breakfast to explore more in depth on her own. She was on her way to look around the Abbey and see more of it when she noticed Dann near the doorway to the Great Hall and ambled over. She sat down near him and held out the paw holding the berries to see if he wanted any.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka wandered the length of the tapestry, taking it all in.  She hadn't seen a tapestry in real life before, and it was fascinating, especially with the knowledge that every single stitch had been painstakingly done by somebeast in Redwall's history.  Maybe even one of the characters from the books!    Everything was slowly becoming more real for her.

The sword was awesome, too.  She wandered back over by Skarzs and gazed at it again.  "Right?!" she said in response to him.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"Think we'd get in trouble for touching it?" he asked, without looking at Jukka. Skarzs smiled slightly. "I really want to."
  He looked around. There were a few Redwallers passing through the Great Hall. Even if there weren't, he wasn't sure if he would actually take it down without permission. Then he espied Dan and Corn, and pointed to them. "I'ma head over to them. We can figure out what we can do today."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Same," Jukka replied, grinning.  Skarzs had created a great replica, but the real sword was much more impressive.

She studied it a moment longer, then followed Skarzs over to the others.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Skarzs approached Dan and Corn, smiling. "So! What do we want to do today? There's more to see in the abbey, I'm sure, like the attic (not sure what they're using it for right now), uh. . . The cellars, the gatehouse. . ."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann raised his hand to pass on the berries, though a smile flitted across his face. He was trying to think of some weird question to throw at Corn, but Skarz and Jukka arrived too quickly. He responded after the awkward pause, "Well, I'm not really one to make decisions, so I don't particularly care... That having been said, I wouldn't mind running around outside at some point, still getting used to some of the finer details of this form. I realized last night that I can run faster than I'm used to, and there's a weird springiness behind my steps.... Needless to say, the trees are looking more and more enticing by the hour."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn nibbled on the rest of her berries, wrinkling her nose. "It's too nice of a day to stay inside. We can look around more outside first then come back in?" She reached over to poke Dann, "Lucky. I'm still trying to not to fall on my face or walk into things every five minutes."

Jukka the Sling

Jukka gave a little snort at Corn's comment, then said, "Hey, I'm game for whatever you guys wanna do.  I just wanna see more of this place!"  She was thinking it would be awesome to explore the Gatehouse's historical book collection at some point, but she wanted to see everything else first.

The Skarzs

"Might be because you're smaller and lighter, but still proportionally strong," Skarzs suggested in response to Dan mentioning his abilities.
  "Anyway, I honestly want to see everything. I want to taste all the beers and wines and cheeses, I wanna mess around in the kitchens, catch a fish from the pond. . . Oh man, there's so much to do. Oh! Maybe we could find out where we're at chronologically, like if we're before or after the Rogue Crew."
  Some Redwallers paused to watch and listen to the four newcomers with some curiosity, and smiled when they heard the excited reactions of their home, or went away somewhat confused at the things they said that did not make sense.

OOC: I was going to have them see Andrew about now.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Exactly what I've been wondering!  About where we are in the timeline," Jukka said.

Another thought popped into her head.  "Oh, wonder how that mouse Andrew is doing..." she added, looking around the vast room as if he might just be wandering around.

The Skarzs

Skarzs blinked, and thought quietly for a few moments. He had almost forgotten about Andrew.
  I'm such a nice guy, aren't I? he thought to himself, then spoke aloud. "Maybe we could go see him, see how he's patching up. Then maybe Jukka and I can go to the gatehouse and find out the time. Where we are in time. . . The timeline." Ugh.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn's ears perked up, "Oooh, yeah. That sounds like a good plan. I didn't see Andrew at breakfast." She climbed to her feet and frowned. "Where's the Infirmary?"