News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cress's eyes grew wider and wider as she tried to digest Dan's words. ". . . Entire cities made from. . . Metals? How. . ." she trailed off, trying to put the questions she had into words. She gave a confused smile. "You're joking with me, aren't you? I can't even imagine any of those things."
  Fenty tugged on Dan's tail. "I can! Gimme a book and I'll send it up in the air. Capture a painting? Sure, I'll do that too! You're funny, Dan."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka bit down on her lip, trying to stifle the sudden urge to giggle.  Dan's description was hilariously accurate, and she couldn't help but be amused by Cress's confusion.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

"A realist and a fool, feels like a Jaques book alright." Dann chuckled at Cress's response, ignoring Fenty's antics, "I am not, everything I said is the truth. Our history differs greatly from yours, and we've discovered many things with our bare hands that others would consider magic or the like. I apologize, as I cannot produce or show any such things for you now, so I can't really offer you any evidence. I know it sounds crazy, but it's all we can offer really."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn had to turn her face away and disguise her giggles as a cough, taking a moment to compose her face before coming back to the conversation. "I can promise, he's not lyin', it's the truth." She couldn't help another giggle-turned-cough and she cleared her throat, "Sorry, got a bit of a tickle,"

The Skarzs

The otter nodded. "Well, there's one thing for sure. . . It does sound crazy." Cress gave a little laugh, then fell back to silence, still lost in the enormity of the hardly believable things Dan had described.
  Fenty, however, spent much less time pondering the improbable, and shrugged as he picked up a rock and threw it into the ditch. "I don't know if you're really telling the truth, but I'm not sure I care. Maybe we could go there someday, and then you'd be able to prove it."

~~~~~~~~~~

Skarzs and Drakken were having another conversation while the others spoke behind them.
  "How long have you been the Abbey Warrior?" Skarzs asked.
  "Many seasons," said the other. "I can't remember exactly when I began. It wasn't a sudden decision; it was more of a gradual realization that I had taken the part of warrior. But life has been good to me; I have never seen all-out war against Redwall within my lifetime. Sometimes I wonder if my brother would be a better 'Warrior'," Drakken added this last part with a chuckle. "He's seen more battles than I have."
  ". . . Maybe," Skarzs said. He paused, then ventured to say further. "Maybe he's seen more battles, but it also takes a certain character to be an Abbey Warrior, if I'm not mistaken."
  "Perhaps you're right."

OOC: Time skip?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

The fjord was broad and shallow, as fjords should be. The River Moss widened out almost twice its usual breadth, rippling over rocks and pebbles not far beneath. It was the perfect place for the path to cross the river without a bridge, and whatever creature made the north-south path which cut across Mossflower took full advantage of it.
  Skarzs looked at the river, thinking about all the stories it had been part of, a constant unstoppable force of nature. It was larger than he felt it had been described, though, considering ships had been sailed up it, that made sense.
  Skipper Rush and the Guosim had been there to meet them when they arrived the previous day, and spent the night there by the water. The shrews were just as noisy as Jacques had said, arguing and fighting and "debating." Then, they snored. Not only the men, but the women and children too. It was a wonder Skarzs got any sleep at all. Their food and shrewbeer, however, were good.
  But now it was time for them to start on the next leg of the journey to the ocean, via the river with the help of the shrews' boats. Apparently, it was supposed to be the easiest part of their journey. Skarzs looked dubiously at the logboats beached not far from the camp. They were every bit as odd as he thought they would be. The others would be fine in them, provided these shrews were competent riverbeasts, but he was not sure whether he would sink a boat or tip it over. He pondered the idea of tying two boats together, but when he asked about it, Skipper only said that he did not need to worry, and that he should step aside and wait until the shrews were ready.
  The others were doing their own things, so Skarzs sat on a rock watching the river churn by, every once in a while looking back at the Guosim milling around or his companions caught in the fray. It was just as well; from his distance, he couldn't hear any half-whispered remarks about himself or Jukka. Apparently, the Guosim still had quite the steadfast view on "vermin". He hoped he would not lose his temper before too long.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka had not had a very restful night.  She was a light sleeper anyway, and sleeping on a thin bedroll on the hard ground, surrounded by cacophonous snores, was not her idea of a good time.  Now, the beginnings of a headache were pulsing in the back of her neck -- there had been a tree root or something underneath her all night.

Ugh.

She twisted her neck to ease the strain, then hefted the pack of food she had volunteered to load into a logboat.  Shrews scurried past, seemingly trying to stay out of her way.  They were all pretty prejudiced, though she couldn't exactly blame them.  The stares and whispers had even been slightly amusing to her at first, but now it was just getting annoying.

She plunked the pack of food into a logboat and then stepped back, looking around.  Spying Corny, she meandered on over to her.  "Well, this is gonna be interesting," she commented, gesturing grandly towards the river.  "I don't think I've even been in a real boat in years."

The Skarzs

OOC: It's been a month and a half.  . . Oof.

BIC: The Guosim were almost all ready when a shout rose up, and Skarzs raised his head to see why. Another boat came into view from downstream, rowed by several sets of oars. It was much wider and longer than any of the logboats, and it was even painted green. For a moment Skarzs wondered if it was the same ship that a Log-a-log from one of the books had renamed in honor of his wife, but he guessed that was not the case.
  The shrews swiftly caught the ropes thrown to them, and the longboat was pulled to shore and lashed to a tree. Several more shrews hopped out of the boat, and Skipper greeted one in particular. Skarzs knew that one must have been the Log-a-log; he had not been there the night before. He decided to leave his seat of solitude and join the others.
  "Hey Dan, looks like I won't be taking up two boats after all," Skarzs said as he passed by Danflor.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Whoops, sorry - Don't know why I didn't respond earlier when I saw this, must have forgotten. BIC:

Corn laughed nervously, "I've only been on a boat once, years ago. Interesting is gonna be an understatement. Did you sleep well? I know I didn't. Too much snoring." The bigger green boat appeared then and caught her attention, "Oooooh, I wonder what that's for, it looks fancy."

Dannflower Reguba

Dann had just finished washing his face when the excitement stirred up. His eyes were finally clearing up as Skarz showed up behind him, "Heh heh, congrats dog.... er, cat? Whatever, you get the idea... Ever been in a canoe before? Oh dang! I should've asked the girls earlier too to make sure they know how to row and paddle, shoot..." His head spun around a couple of times, checking around for their friends. Success came soon, but they were a fairly significant distance away, "Guess we should just trust that they can manage themselves, they're probably fine anyway."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

"Yeah, I didn't really sleep either," Jukka said, rubbing the back of her neck.  "Who knew shrews could snore that loudly?"

She watched the green boat pull in with interest.  "You think one of those guys is the Log-a-Log?"

The Skarzs

Skarzs gave a "Pff" at the dog remark. "It's been a while since I've been in a canoe. Hopefully the shrews can show us the right way."
  He made his way over to Corn and Jukka, guessing Dan would join them as well. Fenty passed by, saying "Good morning, Corn!"
  Skarzs shook his head at the young squirrel, then spoke to the two girls. "You guys ever been on a river before?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn watched the shrew interact with Skipper with interest, "Must be, that one seems important. If not Log-a-log then someone higher up." Her mind wandered to the shrews as she spaced out of a moment, blinking back to reality as Skarzs came over. "Mornin', Fenty. Uh, no. I was on a boat once but that was a lake. Bit different than this. I've never been on a canoe or kayak or anything before either, unless you count a paddleboard thingamabobber."

Jukka the Sling

"Yeaaah, same here, pretty much," Jukka said.  "Unless you, like, count this one time when I was four.  But that was a lake too.  And we had a motor."  She studied the boats.  "It can't be too hard, though, right?"