News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Matthias720, November 15, 2011, 02:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 07, 2015, 12:07:45 AM
   You're missing out if you don't mod the game into oblivion... That or make extensive use of command blocks.
I run mods from time to time from TechnicLauncher, but it hates my computer. And it adds a level or two or three or four of complexity that takes the fun out of survival.

But, Attack of the B-Tram is really fun. DUBSTEP GUN!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rusvul

Whaaaat? How could complexity take away from the game? :P I disagree. But to each their own.

Personally, what I enjoy in Minecraft is building systems so automated I don't have to do anything. The more nuclear reactors and turbines and golems and magic flowers involved, the better. Having the systems isn't the fun part, it's setting them up and troubleshooting them. It's great.

Mods do tend to tank performance, though. Minecraft is already poorly optimized- amateur coders throwing stuff in is hardly going to help that... Sub-30 FPS is really annoying.

Matthias720

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on November 07, 2015, 12:41:10 AM
Quote from: Vilu Daskar on November 06, 2015, 03:33:56 PM
I'm playing on Survival, I've got a crafting table wooden planks and sticks but I can't figure out how to make a wooden pickax, a wooden sword, or a wooden ax. Would someone tell me how?

Watch the Paulsoarejr series on How to play Minecraft. He doesn't swear and explains things very well.
Seconding PSJ. He makes good content, and generally covers the latest indie games and a few triple-A releases. He does tend to ramble though, and he loves his RP'ing almost to a fault. So basically any dad doing a LP video.

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on November 07, 2015, 02:37:13 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 07, 2015, 12:07:45 AM
   You're missing out if you don't mod the game into oblivion... That or make extensive use of command blocks.
I run mods from time to time from TechnicLauncher, but it hates my computer. And it adds a level or two or three or four of complexity that takes the fun out of survival.

But, Attack of the B-Tram is really fun. DUBSTEP GUN!
Attack of the B-Team is fantastic! A crazy combination of wacky mods, all working together to create a Minecraft experience unlike many other packs. It takes the difficulty of survival down several pegs, but ramps up the fun by 10x. Oh, and the video series on YouTube from the official server is great too. GenerikB trolls BDoubleO, ChimneySwift pranks Pungence, and Paulsoaresjr rambles on with the longest nickname ever! Great series.

Kitsune

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on November 06, 2015, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Vilu Daskar on November 06, 2015, 04:30:47 PM
It's for the achievements.
Bah, I stopped trying to complete those when I had to snipe a skeleton from 50 meters.

I love doing that though! :D It does take a certain level of skill, though. Try going into creative mode, give yourself an OP bow, and practice shooting mobs from large distances.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 06, 2015, 08:52:55 PM
Sniping is my favorite thing to do in Minecraft. That, and point blank range bow fights. I like the difficulty on hard too. It makes it less boring.

^^ He has the right idea.

What servers do you all play on?

Hickory

Redwall server, Mineplex, Mineverse, Extronus (not so much on that anymore) Hypixel, and I think one more...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on November 08, 2015, 08:10:42 PM
Redwall server, Mineplex, Mineverse, Extronus (not so much on that anymore) Hypixel, and I think one more...

Shotbow?

Vilu Daskar

How do I craft a bed?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Matthias720

Ah, beds. I remember when beds weren't a thing. Nights could get rough rather quickly.

Vilu Daskar

I just make it so the diamond or is at the top, mine it, and then make diamond armor.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on November 17, 2015, 09:09:26 PM
I just make it so the diamond or is at the top, mine it, and then make diamond armor.

What?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Vilu Daskar

When I create a Survival World I go to page to of the customize options, scroll down to Diamond Ore, and put its Max Height and Spawn Tries all the way up so I get a bunch of Diamond Ore.

Delthion

That's a very new addition to Minecraft, I was around when Minecraft was in Beta and even I don't remember when there weren't beds! ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

Yeah, we just got it about a month ago.