News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

why did they cancel redwall tv series

Started by eualaia, November 15, 2011, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who wants it to continue

redwall tv series continue
57 (90.5%)
redwall doesnt continue
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, it vaznae dumb, it juzt vaz replacin' a far better zhov.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 26, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
Aye, it vaznae dumb, it juzt vaz replacin' a far better zhov.
So true. Mia and Migel is okay, but, its like pennies to the Redwall show!

Life is too short to rush through it.

JangoCoolguy

The story is that they ran out of funding and support. I also think they might've lost their nerve. Someone blames the management and I thought about how the show was cancelled about the time Nelvena did Cardcaptors and took to making fish-like kiddy anime dubs... 

We're talking about a show where cutes and cuddly--and not so cute and cuddly--animals are violently hurting/maiming/killing each other in a nightmarish (for parents and prudes) cross between Walt Disney and Mel Gibson. (Thanks Heavens the producers made the stories less barbarous and bloody than the books we'd REALLY be in trouble!).

In today's animation industry where cartoon shows are immature, mindless entertainment for children (and some adults) with no standards and/or act as toy commercials--while smarter, deeper animated shows are practically punished for being so--the show would just fail all over again  :'(

As much as I'd like to see another Redwall project, it ain't happening.

(And we can just forget about a movie...EVER)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 04, 2013, 09:42:37 PM
Why forget about a Redwall movie?

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 04, 2013, 10:53:45 PM

Because it's just not happening for many of the reasons I stated. And even if it does happen, it'll probably be water downed and/or flop :( 

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 04, 2013, 11:45:33 PM

Because it's just not happening for many of the reasons I stated. And even if it does happen, it'll probably be water downed and/or flop :(  
I wish they could just make a PG-13 movie or something, then it could be more accurate to the book without overprotective parents freaking out.

(*cough* Skalrag being tortured with feathers *cough*)
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

The Redwall TV series was okay. Couldn't that mean that a movie could be okay too?

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 05, 2013, 01:10:03 AM
The Redwall TV series was okay. Couldn't that mean that a movie could be okay too?

Oh, it COULD

...but I don't trust the Suits
>.>
<.<

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on November 05, 2013, 02:53:49 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 05, 2013, 01:10:03 AM

Oh, it COULD

...but I don't trust the Suits
>.>
<.<
Yep :-\

Romsca

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 05, 2013, 01:06:57 AM

I wish they could just make a PG-13 movie or something, then it could be more accurate to the book without overprotective parents freaking out.

IKR? I hate that part in the TV show! I have some friends who... *sigh*... chose not to read the Redwall series because of the TV show. I feel that a Redwall movie or more accurate TV show would've worked earlier on, before Nelvana produced the original show. Unfortunately, there are now too many people who think that Redwall is "cute" or a "kid's book" (for like 3-6 graders and no older). They would be simply shocked at an accurate PG-13 movie, unfortunately

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 08, 2013, 09:30:22 PM

IKR? I hate that part in the TV show! I have some friends who... *sigh*... chose not to read the Redwall series because of the TV show. I feel that a Redwall movie or more accurate TV show would've worked earlier on, before Nelvana produced the original show. Unfortunately, there are now too many people who think that Redwall is "cute" or a "kid's book" (for like 3-6 graders and no older). They would be simply shocked at an accurate PG-13 movie, unfortunately
I feelings exactly! And yes, I thought Skalrag being tortured with a feather was just...RISICULOUSE!!!

JangoCoolguy

Unfortunately, there are now too many people who think that Redwall is "cute" or a "kid's book" (for like 3-6 graders and no older). They would be simply shocked at an accurate PG-13 movie, unfortunately

EXACTLY!

Though I don't necessarily think PG-13 is THE route we need to take. Solid PG could get the job done just as well, if not a little better. To be honest, I actually LIKED how the Show wasn't as violent as the books. Heck, I liked Skalrath's death there. It was so farfetched it was hilarious! XD

A movie or new show could still play for keeps, but not be as needlessly violent as the books tended to be--especially since it got worse as the series went on. (Sometimes I wonder if Brian could've used some counseling...)

Ungatt Trunn

Wow, there are so many diffrerent opinions here! ;)

WildDoogyPlumm

Agreed! Which is one reason I feel slightly embarrassed (and I'm not proud of being embarrassed) when I try to explain the RW series to people. It's a "kid's" book, and since I'm in high school books like that seem to be frowned upon.
Teen books though seem to never be as awesome as good old kids novels.  ;D
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 09, 2013, 02:06:43 AM

Agreed! Which is one reason I feel slightly embarrassed (and I'm not proud of being embarrassed) when I try to explain the RW series to people. It's a "kid's" book, and since I'm in high school books like that seem to be frowned upon.
Teen books though seem to never be as awesome as good old kids novels.  ;D
Amen!