News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Weird/Random/Interesting/Astonishing Things

Started by Tungro, March 01, 2019, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

This seems to fit here.
On the subject of poison ivy that others were talking about in the jobs thread, one of my uncle's friends decided it would be a good idea to try to make himself immune to poison oak. So he apparently made a soup of it, ate it, and nearly died. Afterwards, however, he was able to destroy a thicket of the stuff without getting a rash or anything.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

well that sounds like it was well thought out..

my mom went to a party once and it was in a field and the party had helicopter rides over the freshly cut field. my mom came home looking  like she was an alien from mars. she was unrecognizable. the poison ivy was blown up from the freshly cut field, got all over her, in her lungs, everywhere, she almost died, too. this was a while ago (a lllloonngg) while ago though) so she is all better now.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

321tumbler

Interestingly enough, from what we can tell, I'm not allergic to poison ivy at all.

The Witessss

be glad. I am happy for you. you will live life without that fear haunting you.  ;D

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: 321tumbler on March 07, 2019, 01:58:47 AM
Interestingly enough, from what we can tell, I'm not allergic to poison ivy at all.
You will be soon enough!
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Witessss

The Grey Coincidence

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 07, 2019, 12:49:13 AM
This seems to fit here.
On the subject of poison ivy that others were talking about in the jobs thread, one of my uncle's friends decided it would be a good idea to try to make himself immune to poison oak. So he apparently made a soup of it, ate it, and nearly died. Afterwards, however, he was able to destroy a thicket of the stuff without getting a rash or anything.
Could you by any chance get a recipe along with whatever the doctors gave him? I could find them useful...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

The Skarzs

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on March 08, 2019, 04:19:45 PM
Could you by any chance get a recipe along with whatever the doctors gave him? I could find them useful...
Did you not see that I said that he almost died? He is an absolute mad lad.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

French officials are fighting a huge fire that hit the cathedral of Notre Dame :O  :'(
Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbmWOfdXcQ
Article: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/paris-notre-dame-cathedral-on-fire-reuters.html

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

Tungro

So old footage, but had a similar storm last night,

PaulTheMarlfox

"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail