An Ocean's Call OOC and Sign-up

Started by Delthion, April 10, 2019, 05:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on June 04, 2019, 04:42:54 AM
Well I do agree that it's a bit unfair to nominate a captain in secret. Everyone deserves to know.

Hmm, I really like the second option where we refer to the Captain abstractedly. That's personal preference I assume. Perhaps when Delthion returns the captain can make his first majestic entrance into the story?
^^^^ Agreed.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dannflower Reguba

UPDATE: It would appear that Delth isn't going to be able to participate practically at all, and as such, asked for someone else to take GM entirely. I offer to do so, but would honestly really love to see someone else of the party's choosing try their hand at the helm. With this revelation, I believe it would also be a good idea to designate an actual captain then as having one will help to keep the RP writing smooth and simple. Once again, my suggestions for both of these are that they be discussed and voted on openly.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Grey Coincidence

Hmmm... what exactly would being a GM involve? (What does GM even stand for?)
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on June 04, 2019, 12:37:20 PM
Hmmm... what exactly would being a GM involve? (What does GM even stand for?)
Game Master, they mostly moderate and make sure the game heads in the direction it should be going

The Grey Coincidence

Aha... and how does that work in a roleplay? Do they need a plot or?

Tungro

In this one, they need to make sure the ship makes it to the unknown land. (Although a cool plot twist would be to sink :P {Talk to Del though})

The Grey Coincidence

Aha... so they kinda... run the plot? Is that right?

Sebias of Redwall

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

I'll volunteer if everyone is okay with that?

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dannflower Reguba

To clarify (as I'm underwhelmed by the rule's description of the GM), a GM is the overall caretaker and rule maker/enforcer of the RP. They are ultimately a manager of sorts, keeping people organized and on track, as well as having the final word on the plot. They are not solely responsible for the plot, as all RP'ers should seek to contribute, but they are the one that has the authority to say "no." As long as everyone is actively pushing for the betterment of the RP, the GM doesn't have to do too much, and as it stands, I'm here to offer advice if you've got questions about anything. I love RP's, and look forward to seeing how this goes as we're desperately short on GM's and active games.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ouroboros

If there's a decent possibility of Del returning, we could play this off as having the captain just sit inside all day and delegate the running of the ship to the Mate until he gets back. Although if not, I'd say its a good idea to let whoever wants to take over running things steal the captain (or make their own).

The Grey Coincidence

What if the captain inexplicably goes missing before we set off? Like we're supposed to set sail but then the captain's missing.

Tungro