News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favourite Redwall Food

Started by martins#1fan, June 11, 2011, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

What food do you like the best?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

martins#1fan

Spring Breeze

"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Regardless of my favorite, I need to get the cookbook.

@martins#1fan: I would strongly recommend not double posting, just edit or add extra comments to your first post to begin with. I'm thinking this is just my opinion, but I'm not sure.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Trisscar95

Hares pawspring vegitable soup.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Mariel

@Taggerung_of_Redwall: I need to get the cookbook as well; I've always wanted to try my favorite Redwall food, otters' watershrimp'n'hotroot soup.  I love the idea that only the otters are invincible to the spiciness because they have been eating it since they were very young.   

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Quote from: Mariel on June 11, 2011, 10:36:39 PM
@Taggerung_of_Redwall: I need to get the cookbook as well; I've always wanted to try my favorite Redwall food, otters' watershrimp'n'hotroot soup.  I love the idea that only the otters are invincible to the spiciness because they have been eating it since they were very young.   
I totally agree with you. Reading that part of the fifth book really made me excited to finish the series.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Of course, there's always the random character who can down a ridiciously large portion of hotroot soup and request more pepper added.

And in one book, a crew of dibbuns began eating portions of it and were fine
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Spring Breeze

I have the cookbook and love it but there is one recipe that I wish was in it that is not.....
Skilly and Duff!!!
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Mariel

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 12, 2011, 02:44:03 AM
Of course, there's always the random character who can down a ridiciously large portion of hotroot soup and request more pepper added.

And in one book, a crew of dibbuns began eating portions of it and were fine

Yes, I know...that's the strange thing.  Because in the Rogue Crew, it is made apparent that the toughest of vermin can't stand it; in fact, it is used as a torture device at one point.  (No, I'm not joking!)  You'd wonder if this was a mistake on Jacques' part, but it's funnier to think that it was on purpose.  Maybe the hootroot soup effects characters based on their moral compass.

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Yes, I know...that's the strange thing.  Because in the Rogue Crew, it is made apparent that the toughest of vermin can't stand it; in fact, it is used as a torture device at one point.  (No, I'm not joking!)  You'd wonder if this was a mistake on Jacques' part, but it's funnier to think that it was on purpose.  Maybe the hootroot soup effects characters based on their moral compass.
[/quote]
That is an interesting idea. So what if we suppose Frodo from the Lord of the Rings consumed the hootroot soup, in what way would it effect him?

Matthias720

My favorite Redwall food? Hmmm.... I'd have to say all those different kinds of cheese, because the sound so amazing. :)

martins#1fan

thx for the tip taggerung! ;D

Osu

I also need this cookbook! I want to have a go at deeper'n'ever turnip'n'tater'n'beetroot pie, or whatever it's called, exactly... the favorite of the moles, I believe.

Quote from: Mariel on June 12, 2011, 04:33:20 AMBecause in the Rogue Crew, it is made apparent that the toughest of vermin can't stand it; in fact, it is used as a torture device at one point.  (No, I'm not joking!)

I figured that was for humor's sake; he wasn't really hurt by it. :D

Quote from: TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe on June 12, 2011, 03:10:25 PMSo what if we suppose Frodo from the Lord of the Rings consumed the hootroot soup, in what way would it effect him?

Oh great, now this question will keep me up all night! :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Frodo would need a glass of water. You say that otters eat it when their young? I bet it is the same for the Dibbuns. If I was a Redwall character I would like hotroot peper. I can hold down spicey-ness. So my favorite food is the pasties. sounds yummy!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."