Main Menu

Scout camp

Started by Jarky Thistlebrush, September 23, 2019, 07:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

In which case,
Quote from: Booklover on December 18, 2019, 09:26:20 PM
Quote from: Booklover on December 18, 2019, 09:23:55 PM
Very, Ebby, not well. *shakes head in dismay* On that note, surely something is either killed or not killed, there's nothing in between (Schrödinger's cat doesn't count), so it would be 'It tastes killed.' Also, being killed won't make it taste different to being dead of natural causes, or not enough that a human (or whatever animal you may be) could taste the difference, making it 'It tastes dead.'
This still applies.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Ebantu the Kararehe

In the real world, maybe. But, as Verdauga said, this is the cellars.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Booklover

I removed the last sentence from the first post.

Ebantu the Kararehe

I noticed.
Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on December 18, 2019, 09:25:07 PM
I was trying to be nice to Kade. He put a lot of effort in to killing those marshmellows; I was being polite.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Very, Ebby, not well. *shakes head in dismay* On that note, surely something is either killed or not killed, there's nothing in between (Schrödinger's cat doesn't count), so it would be 'It tastes killed.' Also, being killed won't make it taste different to being dead of natural causes, or not enough that a human (or whatever animal you may be) could taste the difference, making it 'It tastes dead.' Finally, we're talking about a marshmallow, which is not, as far as current evidence suggests, ever living (although some parts can come from animals), so it couldn't really be called dead.

Not sure if I need to actually break this down, but I guess I'm going to.

This is a rebuttal for your first two points.  She used "well" instead of "very" because she was going for the feeling of phrases like "well cooked" or "well done".  If someone handed you your favorite cooked food, and you ate it and liked it a lot, would you say "This was well cooked," or "This was very cooked"?

This is a rebuttal to your last two points.  She said this in the first place as a reference to the fact that I was hunting marshmallows.  Now, of course that isn't something one normally hunts, but I chose to do so because I thought it would be funny, and it was.  As I successfully hunted the marshmallow that I had given to Eb, her comment was structured around the fact that hunting marshmallows is a ridiculous concept to begin with and so she decided to play with that idea some more.  Something she did a very good job of.

In short... *A horde of marshmallows descend from the sky and attacks Booklover.*

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Thanks Kade. That's what I was trying to say. *begins killing the marshmellow horde with teeth, claws, and arrows* (the arrows are used like kebabs, so we can feast after the fight.)

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

Blah, blah, blah. Finally, we're talking about a marshmallow, which is not, as far as current evidence suggests, ever living (although some parts can come from animals), so it couldn't really be called dead.
I disagree. Marshmallows originally were made out of plants, which have life and can, in fact, die. Also, marshmallows are one unit; they don't have separate parts, so either the whole marshmallow comes from an animal (or plant) or none of it does.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Well then, who wants to hunt jelly babies with me?

Ebantu the Kararehe

Me! Me! *prepares hunting equipment*

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

I'll come. *grabs bow and arrows*

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: Booklover on December 19, 2019, 05:23:08 PM
Well then, who wants to hunt jelly babies with me?
please bring me back some jelly cucumbers to?

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 18, 2019, 09:48:52 AM
*gives Ebby coconut sugar* Can I have some fresh fruit, oats and water, please, Lass?
shore-thing*hands Teer that    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Thanks, Lass. *quickly eats breakfast, then follows Booklover and Ebby on their hunt*

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

*passes some blue cookies to Ebby and Teer*

Verdauga

*Grabs cleaver and walks back to camp.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

One-Eye the wildcat

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 21, 2019, 07:15:57 PM
Thanks, Lass. *quickly eats breakfast, then follows Booklover and Ebby on their hunt*

*jumps up, gun in paw*

I'm coming too!
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!