News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Musicians

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 26, 2011, 02:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What instrument do you play... how long have you played it?

Flute
10 (21.7%)
Saxophone (any type)
2 (4.3%)
Piano
23 (50%)
Guitar
11 (23.9%)
Percussion(drums, bells, etc.) specify
6 (13%)
Clarinet (any type)
6 (13%)
Oboe
1 (2.2%)
Trombone
1 (2.2%)
Baritone
1 (2.2%)
Trumpet
4 (8.7%)
Tuba
1 (2.2%)
Strings (violin, cello, etc.)specify
15 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Norham Waterpaw

That's wonderful! I just... Don't know what that is...

Lemme' guess, cause this is a sort of educated guess...

*prepare for imminent failure*

Is it a wooden flute thingy?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

BlueRose

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 05, 2014, 02:25:13 AM
I play the Blockflöte

Uhh, isn't that just a fancy name for a recorder?
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Shade

Quote from: SandyB on March 03, 2014, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: The Shade on March 01, 2014, 06:44:50 PM
Quote from: SandyB on March 01, 2014, 12:32:44 PM
Quote from: The Shade on March 01, 2014, 09:07:37 AM
I'm attempting to learn the electric guitar, but it's slow going by yourself. I'm considering lessons.
Do you own a PS3 or an Xbox?
No, why, guitar hero? :D
I was gonna suggest Rocksmith. It's helping me quite a lot with learning bass techniques. I'm learning double stops at the moment.
Hmm, would look into it if I had a PS or Xbox...Sadly neither.  :(
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: BlueRose on March 05, 2014, 02:53:45 AM
I play the Blockflöte

The German name, yes. I learned it from my German Aunt.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 05, 2014, 05:17:17 PM
I play the Blockflöte

Aha!  I knew it!  (As soon as I saw the 'flöte' part of the word, I went, "Hmm, that looks kinda like flute...  But why wouldn't he just call it flute?"  And from there on I tried to figure out what it was.  I kinda came to the conclusion that it was probably some kind of whistle or recorder, and apparently I was correct!  ;D)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BlueRose

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 05, 2014, 05:17:17 PM
I play the Blockflöte

Kewl. (Well, German is fancy, ok?)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 04, 2014, 07:39:29 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on March 03, 2014, 06:37:51 PM
Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 02, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
Woah, cool.  ;) I like the violin (but I still don't understand how you people can play those tiny things...)  :D I play Double Bass in my orchestra. I'm Third Chair (out of three people).

Fist pump, I'm third chair out of three people in the orchestra I'm in too ;D

I'm also I'm in my high school band.

As am I.  Third clarinet out of three, as well as the only girl, the youngest, and the newest.  :P
LOL!
I am the only boy second violinist as well as the youngest and the newest  ;D ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Congrats.

My mom calls me "Mister Sound Effects". I can replicate some interesting sounds and voices with my mouth.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 05, 2014, 08:07:02 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on March 04, 2014, 07:39:29 PM
Quote from: Skyblade on March 03, 2014, 06:37:51 PM
Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 02, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
Woah, cool.  ;) I like the violin (but I still don't understand how you people can play those tiny things...)  :D I play Double Bass in my orchestra. I'm Third Chair (out of three people).

Fist pump, I'm third chair out of three people in the orchestra I'm in too ;D

I'm also I'm in my high school band.

As am I.  Third clarinet out of three, as well as the only girl, the youngest, and the newest.  :P
LOL!
I am the only boy second violinist as well as the youngest and the newest  ;D ;D

I'm the newest but not the youngest. First chair is younger, second chair older. Still a lot of fun and excitement and as Norham said, in chair testing you've got nothing to worry about ;D At least (I think), I'm section leader in my band, though I'm also tied for the oldest and it's out of 5 people so it's not an amazing accomplishment. Still glad to be there though!!

@Scar: Like what? ;D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Like a windstorm (strange), a frog, imitating voices like Bill Cosby, airplane. . . Just a bit odd, really. I can make really strange voices as well.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Sonny, Bill Cosby is a whole different story.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

M.A.R.T.I.N(band)offical

I play a electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

Rainshadow

Okay, so this DOES have something to do with music, as it happened in band class yesterday, so I have a fun story:

Advanced Band is the second to last band of the day at my music program, and I sat down with my clarinet in the front row, as usual, waiting for my teacher to come in.  When she did, she noted how there were very few band members that day.  I hadn't noticed that until she pointed it out, but after a quick headcount, there was just over half of the band there.  The rest were gone.

My teacher pulled out a "new" piece (one that we played last year and are getting this year so we can have the less experienced bands listen to us in awe at mass band), called Fiera Winds, and we played through that (surprisingly, most of us remembered our parts, even though it's been a year.) twice.  After that, my teacher glanced through her scores and went, "Y'know, since every song we have is gonna sound really bad with half a band, why don't we play a game?"

So, yes, almost all of the Advanced Band time was spent playing The Name Game:  Empires.  (I was Carly Rae Jepsen, and my sister, who was Nicholas Cage, guessed me quickly.  Batman won.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tam and Martin

LOL! That is awesome! Wish my conductor would do that!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Norham Waterpaw

Our conductor is awesome. She is an absolute ball of energy, and doesn't usually say "no".

She never gets mad at us, (Considering we don't do stupid things [ Yeah we do ]) and always makes us laugh whenever we get something wrong, even if you're the one getting it wrong.

A song we are working on, called "Perseus", we hit a wrong chord, and the entire orchestra took about 3 minutes to stop laughing.