News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Lock This Topic Too! (By Next New Year's Day!!!)

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, October 31, 2019, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Perhaps there's an implied predicate of "accepted to" in there, in which case she could have got Eton easily. Alternatively, perhaps she pulled a practical joke and the school fell for it; hence she 'got Eton'.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sebias of Redwall

Less interesting plot-twist, but more likely.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Ze Kung-Fu Creaturez On Ze Rampage 2 appear in ziz topic taae*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Booklover

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on September 03, 2020, 09:29:56 PM
Less interesting plot-twist, but more likely.
Is it, though? Lass is a girl who lives in New Zealand. Eton is a boys' school in England. The practical joke, perhaps, is just about possible, I suppose.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Wylder Treejumper

Psht, New Zealand, England- both pairs of small islands with funny accents and some historical conflict with skirt-wearing natives, what's the difference? ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

shisteer of nothing much

There was surprisingly little conflict between the English settlers and Maori at first. A bit of racism occurred later on, but they weren't wearing skirts by that point.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 03, 2020, 10:19:00 PM
Psht, New Zealand, England- both pairs of small islands with funny accents and some historical conflict with skirt-wearing natives, what's the difference? ;D
One: England is not an island. Two: New Zealand is two islands. Three: it's Americans with the accents, though I suppose NZers have one as well. Four: you're hardly better with historical conflicts against natives. England hasn't been invaded in centuries, anyway.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

Actually, New Zealand has more than two islands.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Keva Strongbow

"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion of it."

Wylder Treejumper

Well, I know England isn't an island (that would be the island of Great Britain). But I had to stretch the definition for the joke XD
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

shisteer of nothing much

I suppose a small amount of leeway can be allowed.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

*Infant Ebby dashes back to Teer and faceplants at her feet* Teer, where's the med..med...the whatsit thingy?
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Oh. *Infant Ebby walks over to the pram and rummages around in the back pocket* Is this it? *Infant Ebby holds up a tube of toothpaste*
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!