News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Hbbiton Party Thing! (post roleplay style)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, November 24, 2019, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu nodded in agreement of Teer's statement as she watched Kade. "You know, I don't think Teer wants whacking great holes all over her lawn," she called down to the otter, before helpfully filling in all the holes again, and therefore burying Kade.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Kade Rivok

(It was just the one hole really, I should have said tunnels rather than holes)

As Kade dug willy nilly, he stopped in his tunnel as his shovel hit something hard.  Curious, he cleared an area around him and began digging out the object.  As minutes passed, it became clear; He'd found a treasure chest!  Eventually he cleared out enough dirt that he was able to pull the chest free.  It appeared to be in surprisingly good condition, though there was no telling how long it'd been down here.  There was also a rather hefty lock on the thing that wouldn't budge, no matter how much force he used to try and pry it open.  After thinking for a minute, Kade pulled out his enchanted fork hesitantly.  He knew that the fork would likely be able to do the job, but he also knew that his lack of control over the mystical culinary utensil might cause some... issues, in the process.  He sat for a minute, taking time to ponder his decision.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer looked around for her companion and, seeing that she'd gone back to the party, followed, being showered with dirt as Ebby flung the residue of Kade's escapades around the lawn.
Curious, Teer peered down the hole, noticing Kade sitting at the bottom pondering something, fork in paw. Grinning, Teer slid down and landed lightly beside him, spotting the chest for the first time with a small amount of surprise.
"Oh, you found the old Waitangi Day treasure hunt chest. I wonder if I still have a key to it..."
Teer pulled out her keys and sorted through them, muttering quietly to herself as she did so.
"House, shed, padlock set, church, other church, I need to give that one back, actually, car, motorbike, aha, I don't know what this one's for. It's the right brand."
Teer inserted the key into the lock and turned, feeling that it was the right key but the lock was a bit jammed up after several years underground. Gritting her teeth, Teer added some force in her turn and the lock popped open.
"That lock could definitely do with some lubricant. I'll just take it up to the house. Feel free to explore the treasure."
Teer pocketed the rusty padlock and climbed out of the hole, disappearing inside.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu finished filling a large hole and looked around, satisfied. Then she noticed one she had missed and approached it. Peering down, she could see an otter's tail wiggling in excitement. Curious, she slid down the side of the hole, using her claws to slow her descent.
"What's going on?" she asked upon reaching the floor. 
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Verdauga

Upon realizing most of the partygoers were at the edge of the party grounds, Verdauga set aside his fifth serving of fruit salad and teleported over there.
"Hey y'all; what's up?"
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu looked up at the other wildcat. "No idea, Kade seems to have found something." she said.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Kade was always amazed the places Teer could fit, despite her size.  He waved and said "Thanks!" as she went back up the tunnel.  He saw Eb descending at the same time and replied to her and One-Eye's queries, excitement evident in his voice.  "I found a treasure chest!  More specifically, an old Waitangi Day treasure chest!  No idea what would be inside one of those, though, but let's find out!"  With that, he slowly opened the lid and light poured out of the chest.  He looked away, covering his eyes.  "Ah! I can't tell what it is, but it must be glorious!"

(OOC: I have no idea what would be in a Waitangi Day treasure hunt chest -_-)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

OOC: Neither. By the way, it's Verdauga, not One Eye.

And until we meet again,

Verdauga

{I have kinda distanced myself from being a wildcat. I identify as non-specific.---*Is kidding*}

Verdauga nodded at Eb's reply. "So it appears he has."
When Kade brought the chest out to them Verdauga exclaimed, "A Waitaingi Day treasure chest!? No way!!!" and as Kade was about to open the chest muttered to Eban, "What's Waitangi Day?"
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ebantu the Kararehe

OOC: Eban sounds like a boy's name. Just saying.

Ebantu smiled at Verdauga's question. "Waitangi Day is an annual holiday in Aotearoa. I believe it was when the Maori and the settlers signed a treaty." she paused, then added. "Ask Teer for more details. She'll know."

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on December 18, 2019, 09:38:04 PM
OOC: Neither. By the way, it's Verdauga, not One Eye.

(OOC: Whoops, just saw your post that mentioned "wildcat" and assumed One-Eye.  My B)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

And until we meet again,

One-Eye the wildcat

One-Eye heard the other partygoers talking excitedly about something, and got curious. The big cat set down his drink and ambled over to see what was going on.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Kade Rivok

(OOC:  Well, someone from NZ needs to say what's in the chest, since it became an item of NZ  ;D)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer came outside again, padlock and can of Lanox in paw as she approached the hole, where most of the guests were gathered, overhearing their conversation.
"Waitangi Day is the anniversary of when the Treaty of Waitangi was signed. The American equivalent is probably Thanksgiving, though we have different traditions, like hangi, waiatas, hakas and the like."
Moving closer to the chest, Teer peered inside, grinning broadly as she saw its contents.
"Coool! There's poi, finger lights, a few jars of Manuka honey, some kete, flax flowers and a woolen blanket, plus the next clue. I think this is the last clue, too."
Taking the piece of paper out, Teer studied it carefully.
"It's kind of faded a bit. Let's see... Pohutakawa, manuka and flax all clustered, right next to a tree of mustard. Oh, I remember that spot. Should we go find it?"
Without waiting for a reply, Teer climbed quickly out of the hole and headed up the path.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!