News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Hbbiton Party Thing! (post roleplay style)

Started by shisteer of nothing much, November 24, 2019, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Teer set the bowl of fresh blueberries on the table and surveyed the laden surface, making sure nothing was missing. Hearing her name being called, she looked up, quickly spotting the female wildcat in the branches of an oak tree.
"Kia ora, Ebantu. I'm glad you're enjoying the trees. They are, indeed, very fun to climb. Food is ready. Do you want me to bring you some pancakes?"
Teer looked down the hill again, seeing that the path, for now, was empty.
I wonder if our good teacher, Miss @Russa Nodrey is coming. she thought, hoping that her favourite teacher would soon join the party.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

{Ah... time zones..}
Verdauga tried to stay out of the hubbub, too overwhelmed to answer Shisteer. {You guys posted quite a bit} His answer was a simple nod and a quiet "okay." He walked over to Kade and, hesitating and looking at the tree, said, "If I wasn't wearing my Sunday best, I'd be tempted to climb that."
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

One-Eye the wildcat

One-Eye looked at the tree, then at Kade. "I am not going up there. I prefer my spine to be in one piece." The cat then waled over to the bonfire, and started poking it with a stick.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Kade Rivok

Kade nodded at One-Eyes words.  "Despite how it looks, I generally prefer the same.*  He then looked up at HIAG, who was steadily making his way up a tree "Was climbing trees.  I think I'll leave that to you and Ebunta, though.  You two seem much better at it than I am.  Oh, speaking of Ebunta, 'ello!"  He said and waved at her.  Turning, he noticed Verdauga walking over and listened to him.  "Mmm, I know what you mean.  No point in ruining a good outfit, I'm sure we can find some stuff to do around here.  Anyone interested in the instruments?  A good party needs some good music, after all!"
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

"Nah, I'll save everyone's ears"

Verdauga had become comfortable with the party. After all, they weren't complete strangers. He walked over to the tables and spoke to Shisteer. "Hey, do you need any help setting everything up?"

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Shadow of Korriban

Sheev Palpatine arrived feeling happy and ready to take part in the festivities. "Hello, pals!" Sheev observed everything there was to see, and feeling quite welcome, sat down and began to sing.

The things I enjoy, the things I have seen, will never be better than the friends now with me.
   Today I am happy, the joy is with me, the food on the table I would much like to eat.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Booklover

Booklover arrived, and answered the complaints of why she was late with: "Wizards are never late, nor are they early. They always arrive precisely when they mean to!" When a young Hobbit (the Hobbits are at this party, right?) pointed out that she wasn't a wizard, she just smiled and sat down.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu snorted as she heard Verdauga, One Eye, and Kade's conversation.
  "Huh, and you call yourselves wildcats?" She leaned out precariously, holding onto a branch. "Hey Kade! Chuck a pennywhistle up here, will you?"
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Teer smiled as she overheard the conversation, grinning at the mention of spines being in one piece.
"You're more likely to break a limb, actually. Spines are generally pretty durable."
Teer raised a questioning eyebrow at Verdauga as he approached, then smiled when she heard his question.
"Sure you can help. Let's see, there are a few more lanterns here that need to be lit and then hung up. Would you mind doing that?"

Hearing Sheev's greeting and Booklover's defense, she spun round and smiled at them both.
"Kia ora, Booklover, Sheev. I'm glad you two made it. Booklover, I fully support your desire to quote random things but you're not late at all. We haven't even started eating yet. Please, both of you, enjoy yourselves. There's food on the tables, musical instruments and such under the grand stand and trees basically anywhere. If you need anything else, just let me know."

Hearing Ebantu's request, Teer went over to the grand stand and selected a pennywhistle, tossing it up to Ebantu.
"If I didn't know you better, Eb, I'd caution you to be careful. However, such advice is always wasted on you so I don't think I'll bother. Just don't die, okay?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kade was smiling with eyes shut as he listened to Sheev's song, but looked upward as Ebantu called out to him.  "I never claimed to be a wildcat, ya know.  But, a pennywhistle you have asked for, and a pennywhistle you shall receive, my friend.  Luckily, I happen to have one on me.  Catch!"  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pennywhistle, then proceeded to throw it up to her.  It wasn't until after he had already released it that he noticed Teer throwing one to her as well.  "Uh oh."  He said as both pennywhistles hurtled in Ebantu's direction.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer smiled as she watched Kade throw another pennywhistle at Ebantu, completely unfazed by the danger her friend seemed to be in.
"Don't worry, Kade. Eb's very good at catching things, though she might decide to miss, just to prove me wrong. Ah well, what's the worst that can happen?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

"Sure," Verdauga replied, "I'd be happy to." He grabbed the safety lighter {Safety first, kids!} and started lighting the lanterns, eyeing the surrounding woods as he did so. When Ebantu's taunt reached his ears he called up, "I never said I was a wildcat, except in my introductory posts."
After placing the last of the lanterns, Verdauga strolled over to a chair near the grand stand and sat. As long as he wasn't needed, if would be fun to watch the festivities.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu caught a pennywhistle in each paw, then realised that in doing so she had let go of the tree.
  "Help!"
She blew a shrill note on one of the whistles and a rushing swoop of wind through feathers heralded the arrival of Whatitiri, the hast eagle. He flew beneath Ebantu and soared up again, the wildcat crouched on his back. Whatitiri swooped down to earth and landed gently, allowing Ebantu to slide off him. She hugged the eagle's neck.
  "Thanks." She turned to the other guests as Whatitiri flew off to perch in a nearby pine tree. "Does anyone else play the pennywhistle? I have a spare."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Teer grinned, shaking her head in amusement as several guests starred at either Ebantu or the hast eagle.
"Kia ora, Whatitiri. Thank you for doing your job. Would you like some fresh Moa? I have an entire sister right here that I'd be happy to let you eat."
Moa, carrying a full plate of pancakes to the table, bared her teeth ferociously, growling low.
"If you so much as try to feed me to Ebby's boss, I'll tear your eyes out and use your blood to paint my ceiling."
Teer grinned nervously, backing away.
"I'm sorry Moa, I was joking. Of course I wouldn't feed you to Eb's boss. Whatitiri, do you want some bacon pancakes?"
Moa grinned savagely.
"Or you could hunt the possums. They need to be taught a lesson."
Teer smiled at Ebantu, finding a perch in a nearby tree.
"I've never played the pennywhistle before but I'm willing to learn."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kade listened to the familial banter with a raised eyebrow, thinking to himself My, what a bloodthirsty bunch.  He was also rather impressed with the hast eagle, though he tried not to let it show; a bad habit of his.  He contented himself with taking a seat and observing the goings on of the party, waiting for something interesting to occur.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!