News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Gloomy Basement

Started by Verdauga, January 03, 2020, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

I really don't get why you hate being compared to Lady Pauline so much.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Lady Pauline is tall and fair, Teer is small and dark.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Verdauga

She can't be that small, as a Taniwha.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Booklover

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on February 02, 2020, 12:05:30 AM
Lady Pauline is tall and fair, Teer is small and dark.
It's not about looks, it's about personality. Lady Pauline is one of the best characters in RA. Maybe she'd have been the best if she'd featured more.

Ebantu the Kararehe

I do really like Lady Pauline, actually.

And until we meet again,

Mharbrow PhantomPaint

Ebantu the Kararehe

It's where you get Verdauga to solve mysteries.

And until we meet again,

Mharbrow PhantomPaint

I see

@Verdauga how was the universe created?

I want a good answer with proof.

shisteer of nothing much

*chuckles* This will be interesting...

Quote from: Booklover on February 01, 2020, 07:10:41 PM
Hate is a strong word and incorrect, in this situation. I don't hate being compared to her, but my husband is a lot crazier than Halt. Halt is a sensible, stern and serious character, whilst Verdauga is, while lovable, not stern, serious or, judging by the fact he entered the cellars of his own accord, sensible. Then there's the matter of lanterns. Halt would wander into the forest without the beacon of light that tells any potential enemy where you are and what you're doing, and blinds your own night vision in the process.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 11, 2020, 09:49:16 AM
*chuckles* This will be interesting...

Quote from: Booklover on February 01, 2020, 07:10:41 PM
Hate is a strong word and incorrect, in this situation. I don't hate being compared to her, but my husband is a lot crazier than Halt. Halt is a sensible, stern and serious character, whilst Verdauga is, while lovable, not stern, serious or, judging by the fact he entered the cellars of his own accord, sensible. Then there's the matter of lanterns. Halt would wander into the forest without the beacon of light that tells any potential enemy where you are and what you're doing, and blinds your own night vision in the process.
Except Halt does accept that a certain young knight who is afraid of the dark might need a glowing moss thing, as long as it's still dark enough so fanatical cultists can't see it.

Verdauga

Quote from: Mharbrow PhantomPaint on February 11, 2020, 07:50:57 AM
I see. @Verdauga how was the universe created? I want a good answer with proof.
Forum rules are very touchy about religious beliefs, and there are actually very few scientific facts I can tell you. (I could PM you, though, if you want.)
Hate is a strong word and incorrect, in this situation. I don't hate being compared to her, but my husband is a lot crazier than Halt.
Verity.
Verdauga is, ... lovable...
Aw...
Halt is a sensible, stern and serious character, whilst Verdauga is, while lovable, not stern, serious or, judging by the fact he entered the cellars of his own accord, sensible.
On the forums, at least. (Although I can be very serious. I just have to believe in myself.)
Then there's the matter of lanterns. Halt would wander into the forest without the beacon of light that tells any potential enemy where you are and what you're doing, and blinds your own night vision in the process.
Now here I must disagree, dearest. Yes, Halt would wander the forest at night without anything giving away his position. This also means that he would trip over roots, trunks, bushes and rocks in his wanderings. Lanterns can be shaded, which would hide my action (except of course, holding the lantern) and not give any archer a clear line of fire. Furthermore, I could set down the lantern and leave, setting a trap for any hostile parties. Lastly, the lantern gives me light to shoot by.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Honey, Halt doesn't blunder into things. For a start, he has good night vision because he hasn't blinded it by using a lantern and, secondly, his training has taught him not to blunder. If it's so dark that he can't even make out shadows of potential obstacles (which would be highly unlikely. Even with a new moon, there are still stars) he'd go by feel. Rangers don't rely on sight completely.
I'm not saying taking a lantern with you is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out that Booklover's theory of you being Halt is completely unfounded.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

This conversation made me smile. ^-^

And until we meet again,

Verdauga